Taking up Necrons, need input - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking up Necrons, need input

So, I've decided to return to the hobby after an absence of several years (I bet a lot of threads start out this way...). However, I'm very limited in my attempts by two factors: firstly, Warhammer is, as we all know, balls-expensive, even more so for us poor South Africans and our terrible exchange rates and import duties, and secondly, the nearest Games Workshop stockist is a two-day drive away. Fortunately a friend of mine was looking to sell his small Necron force, so I picked up these (largely unpainted) models for a bargain. Despite the fact that I've basically been forced to play Necrons by default, I'm really warming to them- the models, fluff and play style all appeal to me. Now, I've had an idea for a colour scheme, but since I don't have any paints as yet I can't test it out. My idea is to adopt the beautiful jade colour scheme used by the 'eavy metal team on the new Dark Eldar models on Necrons, so black with jade green highlights for that "eldritch" look, weapons and shoulder pads in a brassy-gold, scorpion green eyes, etc. Do you think it would work, or just look weird? and how would I go about doing it- what colours, techniques etc. would work best? Thanks in advance for any input guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

They aint that great to be honest. Codex creep and all. Forced to spend huge amounts on infantry which can only scratch tanks realistically. Not very mobile and the phase out thing makes necrons quite easy to beat. Though they are 2nd in line for the next codex. After Dark Eldar are fully released It will most very likely be daemon-hunters and then Necrons. So you should not wait too long for a change.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know that. Like I said, I didn't have much choice and he was selling his models for a third of their value- couldn't pass up the bargain. Plus I figure that if I start now I'll have a solid core force ready by the time the new Codex comes round (and I won't look like one of those jump-on-the-new-army-bandwagon types)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

I am painting my Monolith in black with green highlights. Chaos black (two layers) for primer and base, heavy drybrush with Dark Angel Green, lighter drybrush with Snot Green and final very light drybrush with Scorpid Green. Then wash it all with Badab Black. If the highlights don't look bright enough after first wash I'll drybrush more Scorpid Green and finish them with just a dib of Gloss Varnish.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I think that sounds like a solid color scheme. To be honest I found the new Dark Eldar color schemes to be very Necrony. Get some paints, give it a test job (on some warriors).

+ Reply to Thread