Splinter Rifles still Rapid-Fire? :( - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Splinter Rifles still Rapid-Fire? :(

Sorry. There's just one thing I have to know, and it's what has been the barrier from me playing DE. Are Splinter Rifles still rapid fire? I wish oh so much that they had been assault guns. (After all, DE are supposed to be a fragile assault army.)

So ... still rapid fire?

And, I guess, if so, it sounds like there are a ton of new troops choices, are many of those equipped with something instead of a gun that doesn't really fit in an assault role?

NOTE: I don't think this is breaking any sort of copyright as long as replies aren't in great detail, if so I will edit this to remove the question.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought that they should be assault as well. I heard rumor a while back that their rifles were going to be like the Kroot rifles in the sense that they give an extra cc attack. Which would be SWEET!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

Splinter Rifles are still Rapidfire.
    Wyches come with pistol/ccw
    Hellions are troops if you take an SC and have assault weapons
    Wraks are troops if you take an Haemonculus and have CCWs
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rapid Fire means that Warriors are our defensive objective holding firebase. Would you rather put Wyches or Incubi on the objective? Even Orks have stationary firebase units so don't think that a "fragile assault army" has to have all of their units being fragile and assaulty. It could be worse. Dark Eldar Warriors could be equipped with ShuriCats.
    League Stats: Orks 4W-1L-1T, CSM 4W-2L-0T, Dark Eldar 10W-6L-4T, Tau 3W-1L-1T, Blood Angels 4W-1L-1T, Imperial Guard 2W-1L-0T
    Tourney Stats: Blood Angels 6W-0L-0T, Dark Eldar 2W-1L-0T

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Rapid fire means you are going to zoom up your raider, get out and rapid fire with them. (unless they have pistols too, then you have a good option of shooting pistols and assaulting). Then have wyches nearby to counter assault once your warriors get assaulted (if they live longer than 1 turn).
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ericismyname View Post
    Rapid fire means you are going to zoom up your raider, get out and rapid fire with them. (unless they have pistols too, then you have a good option of shooting pistols and assaulting). Then have wyches nearby to counter assault once your warriors get assaulted (if they live longer than 1 turn).
    I checked the codex. Warriors don't get pistol/CCW by default. I didn't check if they could get them somehow I just know that they don't get them by default.
    League Stats: Orks 4W-1L-1T, CSM 4W-2L-0T, Dark Eldar 10W-6L-4T, Tau 3W-1L-1T, Blood Angels 4W-1L-1T, Imperial Guard 2W-1L-0T
    Tourney Stats: Blood Angels 6W-0L-0T, Dark Eldar 2W-1L-0T

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Two kinds of warriors - Kabalite Warriors as troops and Trueborn Kabalite Warriors as Elites. I believe the Trueborn have the 2 ccw option as well as a higher leadership (or something like that).
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Splinter rifles are still rapid fire, but they are Poisoned 4+ which makes them really awesome.
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck yeah. They can take down some MC's and other big nasty's with their basic weapon now. Can't get much cooler than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

They are still RF. But the trueborn is were the pain is at. with the option to take carbines (assault 3) at 18" and 2 SC (even when you take 3 of them) They can seriously do the dakka.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast