Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have two questions. I'm going up against a Tyranid army this weekend and I keep hearing about two things, but I don't know exactly what they do:
1) Genestealers - They have the flanking ability right? What is that? Someone just told me to stay away from the edges of the board. Does that mean they come in on the sides or something?
2) Anti-psyker - What do Tyranids have anti-psyker wise? I am taking two Daemon Princes, which each have a psyker ability, so before I use them, I want to make sure like....my heads not going to explode when I do or something
3) Spore Mines - Do they explode when they hit friend or foe, or just foe? I.e. can I lash of submission them (I get to move them 2d6 in any direction) into his own models to make them explode?
Last edited by Ikky2win; October 13th, 2010 at 04:02.
1) do you have the rule book? if not, genestealers have the universal special rule infiltrate. along side a bunch of other stuff, this allows them to outflank, which yep allows them to enter the game from the table sides. they won't be coming on till turn 2 at the soonest though, as they're coming in from reserve.
2) we have shadow of the warp - quite a few units have this rule, particularly zoanthropes, tyranid warriors and hive tyrants. if an enemy psyker tries to use a psychic power when within 12" of a unit with SotW, they have to make is on 3 dice not 2, and you take a perils of the warp test on any double 6 or 1 you roll on those three dice.
to a lesser degree another form of 'psychic defence' is the special character lictor 'deathleaper' - amongst a whole slew of special rules, the guy is allowed to pick out one character in the opposing army and decrease their leadership by D3. naturally, psykers are a prime target.
3)spore mines only explode when shot, or come within 1" of an enemy model. so no, lashing them would do jack- unless you moved them close then shot them
Thanks for the answers. Is Shadow of the Warp an ability that is bought or that just comes automatically? I was thinking of taking one Daemon Prince with Warp Time (allows me to reroll wounds and to hit) but if it's not going to go off roughly 50% of the time, I might disregard it or take something else. Lashing spore mines right into a unit and then shooting it is a good idea though
Last edited by Ikky2win; October 13th, 2010 at 04:30.
Shadow in the Warp is a free ability. It's never purchased. Every HQ choice (sans Tyrant Guard) have it, Warriors and Zoanthropes have it, and the Trygon Prime has it. Above 1000 points expect 3-5 models to have that power.
Last edited by Hockeyman506; October 13th, 2010 at 04:57.
However, it doesn't affect psykers inside vehicles. Anything smaller than a MC should be able to use this to their advantage
Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog