The venom. Will it get a model? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

The venom. Will it get a model?

I was wondering this. Will the venom get a model? Will it be before Dark Eldar are officially released? Or will it be later. Or not at all. If not how would you model it? I was thinking of using a regular Eldar vyper. How would you arm it also? I would use it regular with 2 splinter cannons. Simple and cheap.

“When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

Probably not, because the Vyper is so readily convertible. I'll actually need to see if I can find the old Harlequin codex and look at their conversions in there, but mostly I imagine you just don't put in the gunner mount and attach some splinter cannon bitz instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

In the new WD jes talks about the venom design. I think they will be releasing a kit.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I hope it will be cheap. My dream would be a £30 pound kit which makes two. Or if all else fails a regular £20 one. Though it wont be very cost for points efficient I would still get it.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly hope I'm wrong about not having a kit, truth is we don't know for sure, but only time will tell.

Sure you can convert from a vyper, but I'll just wait. If it does come out, I expect it to be cheaper than the raider.
    As much as I hate having to wait so long, I'd prefer just being patient and not wasting too much time on a long and expensive conversion work, I'll only start converting after Wave 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have ordered several of the new raiders and am planning on converting my older raiders into venoms. I'm planning on cutting the middle section of the raider out and trimming down the prow. I'll also cut down on the blade sizes. My goal is to make them 1/2 the size since they carry 1/2 the models. Without trying to model for advantage, the reduced size should help in hiding them behind terrain.

+ Reply to Thread