Librarium Online Forums banner

(40k Orks) Boar Boyz instead of Bikers?

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Seanchadith 
#1 ·
g'day all.

I'm thinking about using Boar boyz instead of Bikers. simply because I don't like the biker models.
I have once read a feral Ork "codex" thing in an old WD and remembered there was an entry about Orks on boars.

my question is: are they usable in a regular (non feral) Ork army?
And is it worth making my boss a Boar Boss?
note I'm playing vs Tau most of the time, don 't know if that changes their usability?

thank you for your time.

#2 ·
Hey dude,

Im pretty sure you wouldnt be able to use them, as Boarboyz, in an official tourny but im sure your friend wouldnt mind?

I think they would make a great "counts as" models for a Snakebite Warbiker squad. Thats what i plan on doing at some point (Too many future projects!).
As long as they have some Dakka and the right bases no one should complain.

#6 ·
Its not a bad idea. I actually use some and have a strong boar theme in my army (converted buggies pulled by boars, etc.).
However, if you're just starting an army, it might be smoother to just pick another unit. Conversions can be timely and difficult, especially if you're at the stage where you're trying to get a decent-sized army off the ground. Warbikers aren't generally considered one of our best units unless they're Nobz, which would require even more extensive conversion. There are other great models that can help you fill out your force like Kans, Lootas, and Wagons that will all give you better results in general. However, if you're interested in developing the idea, go for it, but be sure to do some planning for the dakka/cyboar conversion before you commit to it. I can't remember if you're a newer player or if you have a sizable force, but if you're just starting out I'd say wait on the idea and fill out your core army with boyz etc.

#7 ·
I'm just starting.
And it might be better to get a decent sized force before doing any converting etc. I already have started converting stuff.
(using FB Orks for kommandos) so my army building is taking longer then normal. But I want my army to be good. and I can take my time. there's no pressure.

the problem I'm facin with boar as bikes. is the smoke screen rule. I cant give a boar an exhaust pipe, or at least I dont have any ideas on how to do that without looking odd or just plain nasdty. and I can't explain the reason for the smoking boars either. (unless they have really, really bad gas...)

#9 ·
Boars are known for their flatulance- perhaps the boyz feed them special mushrooms that make their gas colored?
The boar chariots include boars (crappy old models though) and harnesses which could be taken apart and have guns attached.
I'm modeling a mounted wierdboy who will count as a painboy and also account for the shooting (protecty powers boosted by the boars' frenzy, allows green magic boar-bolts to fly out and hit the enemy). Kind of a strech but it fits the fluff and is good for friendly games.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.