Shardnet restrictions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Shardnet restrictions?

Does the shardnet have any kind of restrictions as to what it can affect? The old Wyche weapons would only halve WS if the enemy was under S6, and I was wondering if the shardnet could affect things like C'tan, Bloodthirsters, Dreadnoughts, etc.

Fluff wise I certainly don't see a Dread being all that bothered by a spikey net (esp. a chaos dread, "Why are you throwing this spikey net on me? Are you trying to decorate me?"), but I was just wondering what the rules say.

Last edited by Bugs_n_Orks; November 4th, 2010 at 17:07.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No restrictions, any enemy model in base-to-base loses an attack, to minimum of 1.

Maybe they're just being so distracting with their flashy barbed-net wielding prowess that the enemy can't get as many swings in?

Or maybe they just show cleavage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If someone assaults the Wyches and has 1 attack base would they lose the 1 attack from assaulting and therefore go back to their 1 attack?
    League Stats: Orks 4W-1L-1T, CSM 4W-2L-0T, Dark Eldar 10W-6L-4T, Tau 3W-1L-1T, Blood Angels 4W-1L-1T, Imperial Guard 2W-1L-0T
    Tourney Stats: Blood Angels 6W-0L-0T, Dark Eldar 2W-1L-0T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

The -1 attack would be from their total for the round, to a minimum of 1. So yes, if they only had 1 base attack +1 for a charge they would lose the charge bonus.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

The one thing I'm curious about, and haven't gotten a chance to check the few times I've sat down with the actual codex, is does the wording on the Shardnet allow for the penalties to stack from multiple shard nets?

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

It is able to stack, yes

-Boo

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Boo...wording seems to indicate that multiples will stack.

The idea of this working on Walkers is making me want to scrape up points for Haywire grenades...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Luckily, HWGs are half the price they used to be, and can be put on a lot more units in the army. Honestly, a Wych squad with haywires can be much more effective against a mechanized army than a Warrior squad toting a blaster, and for not many more points either. That's not to say the Kabalite Warriors don't have an important role in the force though.

I seem to vaguely remember that the shardnet incorporates some kind of electric incapacitating attack, which explains in the fluff how it can be used against even large or mechanical enemies. C'tan, on the other hand, are just kind of ridiculous to be seeing in a 40k battle regardless (but it's fun to play with them anyway).

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a squad of 10 Wyches with Lilith assault a 7 man Terminator squad with Thunder Hammers and Term Chaplain. Lilith was right in the middle so she negated half the terminators' attacks right off the bat. Now I've read what Hekatrix Bloodbrides are, Lilith will be going with them to include a 2nd shardnet which should provide almost complete attack reducing range.

+ Reply to Thread