How do you field Wyches? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

How do you field Wyches?

How do you field your units of Wyches, and how do you support them?
    Do you have an Hekatrix??

"The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 4 squads of ten, each with a Hekatrix armed with Blast Pistol and Agoniser. Also have Hydra Gauntlets and Razorflails in each squad. I intend to have Lilith Hesperax accompany a squad and make them Hekatrix Bloodbrides. That squad will have Hydra Gauntlets, Razorflails and Shardnet/Impaler. Until I get more Raiders, they all hide in reserve and hopefully emerge from my Archon's webway portal near an enemy or cover. I also give them all Haywire Grenades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Even without extra wargear, the Hekatrix would still totally be worth the few points just for the extra attack and -more importantly- the extra point of leadership she provides. Oh the numerous times I've failed pinning tests on Ld 8 with my Space Wolves... Usually by one point!
    I currently have ten Wyches and I plan to run them in a Raider and equip them with Hydra Gauntlets, Shardnet+Impaler, Haywire grenades (they are dirt-cheap and give them a fighting chance in case they run into a dreadnought) and a Hekatrix with Agoniser+Splinter Pistol. This loadout should make for a nice, fast and hard-hitting unit, but until I get to actually play with it I can only theorize.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I go a step further and run 9 bloodbrydes (total) with 2 hydra gauntlets, 1 razorflail (the odd combo comes from me having to convert the hydra gauntlets and I also like razorflails, so I might as well use what the kit has) and 1 syren with agoniser in a naked raider.

This - IMO - is what the old wyches should've been.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

So far I've been liking 9 bloodbrides, syren with agonizer, 2 hydra gauntlets and 1 Shardnet/Impaler (who always gets put next to their squadleader/etc.), with an attached Haemonculus who may or may not get left in the raider depending on whether I think I'll need to use fleet.

and a general FYI, I did the math and against most enemies the Razorflails are the better choice on average (esp. with blood brides) but I'm sticking with hydra gauntlets cause they look cooler and seeing my opponent's face when I roll a 10/11/12 for the two of them is priceless.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Orks View Post
    So far I've been liking 9 bloodbrides, syren with agonizer, 2 hydra gauntlets and 1 Shardnet/Impaler (who always gets put next to their squadleader/etc.), with an attached Haemonculus who may or may not get left in the raider depending on whether I think I'll need to use fleet.

and a general FYI, I did the math and against most enemies the Razorflails are the better choice on average (esp. with blood brides) but I'm sticking with hydra gauntlets cause they look cooler and seeing my opponent's face when I roll a 10/11/12 for the two of them is priceless.
    I jokingly had a die flung at me when my H. Gauntlets rolled a 6 for amount of extra attacks. Wyches to me are the most awesome troops choice I have ever used.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I prefer 9 with syren, agonizer, razor flail, and an attached haemonculus w/agonizer and liquifier (or shattershard).

You lose the hydra gauntlet that way, but you give the unit FNP, which makes them VERY resilient in close combat, with a 4+ invulnerable save and then a 4+ FNP save. Also, the second agonizer helps them kill tougher opponents, like Nobz and monstrous creatures. Just my preference.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Orks View Post
    and a general FYI, I did the math and against most enemies the Razorflails are the better choice on average (esp. with blood brides)
    I ran through the numbers as well and I only see the Hydra Gauntlet doing on average better against WS3 T3 5+ guys. On all other configurations the difference is minimal. It does get bigger the more basic attack you have (Blood Brides & Charge) and a little more with Furious Charge kicking in.
    But that is with the average roll of 3.5 and the difference in unsaved wounds is maximum 30% so if you are confident in rolling above average Hydra Gauntlets are the better choice.

Personally I am looking at the same kind of set up that Grax is running: Agonizer Haemy FTW. I want as much as FnP as possible in my list.
    I'm crazy about wyches but FnP wyches are hell to play with. I would tend to put 1x Shardnet & Impaler in the unit to neutralize the PF Sarge.

Thinking of wound allocation on Blood Brides, both Hydra Gauntlet and Razorflail are looking promising but I feel points will be difficult to find any way in this new codex... So only if I have enough spare.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Jairo View Post
    if you are confident in rolling above average Hydra Gauntlets are the better choice.
    I just want to say thank you for putting a big smile on my face and making my day. This is hilarious. Confidence that the random nature of the universe is on your side...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run 8 Bloodbrides (3 razorflails, Haywire), 1 Syren (Agnonizer, Haywire), attatch 1 Haemonculi for FNP (SP/Venomblade/Liquifer Gun), and put them in a Raider (Flickerfield).

You get the option to run more special weapons and gain fnp by adding the Haemonculus.
    OLD Dark Eldar W/L/D = 10/2/6
    NEW Dark Eldar W/L/D = 2/1/0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast