Possible games workshop hint of a new necron codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible games workshop hint of a new necron codex

Under the whats new today section on the games workshop website they posted some pictures and talked about a large necron apocalypse army.

Apocalypse: Four Armies, One Battle | 2010-11-11 08:26:50.0 | What's New Today | Games Workshop

They almost never post any articles that mention anything about necrons. Additionally, they wrote on the website

"after more than 30 Apocalypse games, they've had many memorable stories and many hours of enjoyable gaming - even if Nick loses most of the games"

Nick bayton is the necron player. I think that its weird that they would joke about necrons sucking on their webstie because they usually talked so good about all of there armies because GW wants you to buy their product. Hence making me think that necrons will get a new codex shortly.

Just wishfull thinking maybe... What do youguys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

At least they are not forgotten. So it is good news.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

humm think maybe you are reading between the lines for something that isn't there. It is not known for GW to talk about their staff been "losing players / bad players" etc etc. So while i hope Necrons start to get more attention i dont think this hints at anything.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

Man, how I wish that was true. Now that DE have their new codex, nobody needs an upgrade as badly as we do. No, not even you, Sisters of Battle and Grey Knights. No, seriously, shut up, we need it more. I think GW is not stupid and they're well aware that Necrons are severely out of date. However, I don't think that's the implication here, I think they're just digging on a player.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Could you imagine if in the next codex they are worse? It could happen. Nids were considered worse in codex of 5th ed.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Could you imagine if in the next codex they are worse? It could happen. Nids were considered worse in codex of 5th ed.
    I thought it was the most broken 5th ED. Codex? Eh, Nids don't really bother me that much in combat :3c

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Haha. Seriously. Imperial guard are the most broken and nids the weakest of the 5th ed. And made by the same guy. Who would have thought it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dbrunski View Post
    Nick bayton is the necron player. I think that its weird that they would joke about necrons sucking
    They arn't - it's pretty much the same line you used to get when Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers did battle reports.

As for nids being weak in 5th ed. I remember them having all kinds of problems dealing with mech spam using the old codex, no firepower at all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    They arn't - it's pretty much the same line you used to get when Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers did battle reports.

As for nids being weak in 5th ed. I remember them having all kinds of problems dealing with mech spam using the old codex, no firepower at all.
    I played nids briefly in beginning of their 4th edition codex. When they got new models and a new codex. They were sweet! Carnifexes were a lot better and Genestealers had many good updates. Now everything is expensive and a lot of the cool bio-morphs are gone. Stream-lined I guess but not addressed the issue with mech spam.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Necrons were probably used in the report for the simple reason that even in GW HQ there won't be that many apocalypse sized armies laying around.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast