Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I am new to Warhammer 40k, and i have been looking around the Necron forums (since this is the army i am leaning towards choosing). I noticed that theyre are alot of rumors about the codex being updated. I was just wondering if i should wait till they update the codex to buy my Necrons. Or just buy somthing simple thatt wont really change. Like the battleforce for example.
If i have any facts wrong, please excuse me. As stated, i am VERY new to 40k
Thx in advance, thedude
Last edited by thedude; November 27th, 2010 at 04:47. Reason: mispelling :P was in quite a hurry.
That's what i seemed to notice as ive read the forums more and more. Ill definately be buying some more Necron's soon Thanks for replying.
Reposting from the last thread like this:
Here's what you need:
1. A Lord. Maybe two. Give at least one a res orb, and warscythes.
2. Warriors. Lots of them.
3. Destroyers. Lots of them.
After that, here's some things that are not needed, but are nice to have.
1. A Monolith. Maybe two.
2. Scarabs with Disruption Fields. 10 bases, with 4 attacks a base on a charge, with glances on a 6 = an average of 3 glancing hits on a Land Raider. More if it didn't move. That'll shut it down for at least a turn, and maybe blow off a weapon or two.
3. A C'tan. The Deceiver seems to have more fans than the Nightbringer, but both can be nasty. Just be careful of force weapons or ordinance, as neither has Eternal Warrior.
4. Immortals. They're overpriced, but 2 30" (24" + 6" move) STR 5 AP 4 shots per model are nothing to sneeze at.
5. A Tomb Spyder. Just keep it around to help with WBB rolls. Don't bother making more than one Scarab with it, you'll just trigger majority toughness rules and make it easier to kill. Just having one around can act as a wound sponge though.
What to avoid at all costs:
4. Heavy Destroyers. 1 Lascannon shot is not going to turn the tide of battle, especially at their ridiculously high point cost.
5. Flayed Ones. Sorry, but they're mediocre assault troops at best. Your points are much better spent elsewhere.
6. Wraiths. They're not BAD, per se, but they're really not great, either. I'd rather spend the Fast Attack slot on more Destroyers.
7. And in case I haven't made my point already, Pariahs.
However, keep in mind that Necrons have suffered from codex creep worse than any other army in the game, especially now that Dark Eldar got their new codex. The two biggest things that hurt us were the changes to the glance table and sweeping advances. In 4th edition, glancing hits had a chance to destroy a vehicle on a 6. Now the only way is to destroy all weapons and get an immobilize. This has made it infinitely harder for us to damage vehicles, especially since we're lacking effective anti-tank weaponry. Sweeping advances have made it more difficult as well, since our lousy initiative means it's really easy to sweep us and deny us WBB rolls. Necrons suffer big time against assault heavy armies like Blood Angels and Orks. Since it's looking more and more likely that we're not going to get a codex update until at least summer of next year, if at all, you might want to hold off on starting a new army. You'll probably end up disappointed.