Welcome to Librarium Online!
I am new to Dark eldar and have many questions. Here are 4 that I need answers to.
1. Can Vect's raider be upgraded with equipment from vehicle armory?
2. Can a Harlequin squad be upgraded to include one of each of the characters or only one of the three?
3. If you have multiple models with shardnet impalers do the negative attacks stack? 3 blood brides with shardnet impaler in base contact with a carnifex equals -3 attacks for the carnifex?
4. Can passengers shoot from a raider after moving at cruising speed (12") or can they only shoot if it moves 6" or less?
1.) no it cannot because the pg it refers to is not in the vehicle armoury and so therefore is non upgradeable.
2.) yes you can include each of the characters
3.) yes the attacks stack
4.) no they can only fire if the raider moved 6 or less
about #1. Are we actually certain that we cannot take any upgrades for the dais? The rules says that the dais is treated exactly like a raider, and as far as I know, a raider can take upgrades. If the dais is treated exactly like a raider, why can't it take any upgrades? doesn't seem very exact if it can't.
"I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"
Necrontyr is right, it states it is treat exactly the same as a normal raider, but with 3 DL's and AV 13. As written I would say that means it can take upgrades.
However, the dais is fairly poor in my opinion. its expensive, if you take it you HAVE to have vect + 9 in it (no good when I want to take vect with 4 incubi) plus as its a raider, not a ravager, unless im missing a rule somewhere it can only move 6 inch and fire all 3 DL's, not the 12 inch of a ravager. Which makes it a less less useful.
The Dais is a Raider as far as game play is concerned, like for the purposes of the Duke's Low Orbit Raid. When putting together your army list, you look in the army list section of the book, and all the options available to a unit will be listed under it's entry.
"Vect may be mounted upon:
- The Dais of Destruction - 200 points."
That's all, the Dais isn't given any options to be upgraded, and it does not tell us we can reference the Raider entry.
as archon charybdis said the dais entry does not refer to the army list section but to the special rules containing to units in the begining therefore since it does not refer to the army section the dias can be given no upgrades.