Warriors - weapons and tasks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Warriors - weapons and tasks

How do you equip your warrior units and what role on the field do they perform?

"The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

10 Warriors with Dark Lance, Blaster, and Sybarite upgrade. They perform primarily an anti-tank role, but I usually fire them last as if there isn't a good vehicle target then I use those two anti-tank shots for helping to kill MCs or infantry along with the 8 Splinter Rifles.
    League Stats: Orks 4W-1L-1T, CSM 4W-2L-0T, Dark Eldar 10W-6L-4T, Tau 3W-1L-1T, Blood Angels 4W-1L-1T, Imperial Guard 2W-1L-0T
    Tourney Stats: Blood Angels 6W-0L-0T, Dark Eldar 2W-1L-0T

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

10 men with 1 splintercannon and a blaster in a naked raider.

This is my main battle troop unit - the blaster there isn't primarily for anti-tank, it is to add the odd kill to marines (my area is totally dominated by MeQs) and to tip the odds in my favour if I get the chance to rapid fire a carnifex (a carnifex in the open should die to a volley from that unit on average).

The raider is naked mostly to save points - it will usually function as either a shield to an important raider (one with incubi/bloodbrydes/whatever in) and/or just taxi the warriors up the board a bit to get a good firing position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive got 10 warriors splintercannon. raider has splinter racks.

ive done this as the army im gona face quite alot will be orcs and my mate loves to field an army of foot sloggers. this way ill get the 'to hit' re-rolls and if i get em in rapid fire range i dont see how a unit of boyz could hold up to that kinda fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

10-strong with a Splinter Cannon, Blaster, vanilla Sybarite and a Raider with Flickerfields. I also field a 20-strong unit with two Splinter Cannons, Blaster and a vanilla Sybarite for objective camping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Usually 10 with SC, Blaster and Syb with agon. But I have liked to start on only giving the syb a poison blade or just a barebones rifle. The raider either has FFields or Racks, I find that the enemy will fire at incubi and wyches first... as well as ravagers so those always have ffields... I will give FFields to a warrior raider that has a ram tho.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been playing against nids lately, so my warrior load outs changed a bit. I usually run 2 10 man squads, with a S.cannon, blaster, and a syrabyte with poison blade and phantasm launcher.

Ive found that this setup is excellent against nids when they accidently get charged. I tend to chuck a FNP token to each warrior squad early on from my cronos to help them survive their raider explosions. When the raider does explode, the remaining squad then sits in the crater below it. Last time I did this my remaining 8 men were charged by 6 genestealers. The stealers went second due to cover from the crater, and didnt get their bonus attack, which let me scrape a win in the combat, reducing them to 3 stealers (2 poison blade kills) which I managed to wipe out in the second turn of combat. It left me with 5 guys, but how often do a basic troops choice survive a charge from stealers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Ive been playing against nids lately, so my warrior load outs changed a bit. I usually run 2 10 man squads, with a S.cannon, blaster, and a syrabyte with poison blade and phantasm launcher.

Ive found that this setup is excellent against nids when they accidently get charged. I tend to chuck a FNP token to each warrior squad early on from my cronos to help them survive their raider explosions. When the raider does explode, the remaining squad then sits in the crater below it. Last time I did this my remaining 8 men were charged by 6 genestealers. The stealers went second due to cover from the crater, and didnt get their bonus attack, which let me scrape a win in the combat, reducing them to 3 stealers (2 poison blade kills) which I managed to wipe out in the second turn of combat. It left me with 5 guys, but how often do a basic troops choice survive a charge from stealers!
    lol reminds me of a time when i was playing ig, my vets in cover got charged by a outflanking assasin who had d6 extra charge attacks, however i had eqquipped them with the forward sentries doctrine( +1 to cover and D grenades) anyway it states in the D grenade entry that a charger loses all bonus attacks for charging... well i struck first and killed him. an assasin brought low by guardsmen hilarious to think that an assasin who i had seen murder terminator squads just became my squads bitch..

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I cannot see the fascination of bolting on a sybarite with lots of gear (read: anything more than a venom blade) in a 10 man unit. 10 points for +1LD is just about acceptable (the extra attack is mostly worthless) and the venom is worth taking simply because it is extremely cheap.

Anything beyond that and you are falling into the pit tactical squads often do - building a unit to do everything but in turn wastes a chunk of its gear by doing something else. Plus warriors do not win combats, they don't generate enough attacks nor do they do it at a high enough strength. The I5 is only useful for outrunning guardsmen/other eldar and even then if it is an aspect you are likely to struggle to win given most of them have a 4+ save.

I can see the benefits of a kitted sybarite on a 20 man cannon unit, but until you get there its really not worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I have two setups for warrior squads that I commonly use

Objective campers
    10 warriors w/sybarite and Dark lance

they sit on my home objective the whole game and shoot at tanks that are a long way away or at infantry that come close with their splinter rifles.

Mobile anti-infantry squad
    10 Warriors, Sybarite, Shredder, Splinter Cannon in Raider w/ flickerfields & (perhaps) splinter racks

My standard anti-infantry setup. I've never been a believer in mixing squad roles with my mobile units (since the transport should be able to get them where they need to go), I either tool up for anti-infantry or anti-vehicle (hence the shredder over the blaster), DE have plenty of options for anti-vehicle than wasting an entire squad's shots for one darklight shot to take down an enemy vehicle.
    Last edited by Spiney Norman; December 3rd, 2010 at 16:18.
    The art of Eldar: Paint clean, play dirty!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast