Iridium armor model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Iridium armor model

Is there one? If not, does anyone have thoughts on a conversion? I'm thinking along the lines of the different "extra armor" packages that FW has/had for imperial vehicles, only of course for a battlesuit. Something noticeably bulkier than the standard XV8 torso...maybe wider hips where the ball joint is protected/covered...?

IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Isn't iridium armour just the same suits but with a different shell? Personally I'd use an existing model, but apply more of a sheen to the painting.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

That's not a bad thought...I could put a pearl coat over the paint... Anyway, the fluff in the tau armory refers to adding extra plates of iridium armor...so it's additional armor, not substitute armor. Anyway, I like the idea of adding some shimmer and calling it a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think this forgeworld varient has iridium armour if I remember rightly (i'm at work and my books are at home!)

Forge World - XV89 CRISIS BATTLESUIT

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Yep, the XV89 has the Iridium Armour. Basically he's a bit more bulked up. There are other ways of creating your own IrArm using a bits box or a friend's bits box!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

Really? Then every crisis suit that FW sells must have it. The upper arms are certainly common among all FW suits, as are the bulked up (erm, cause the GW version breaks?) ankles. It does seem to have broadside knee pads...is that supposed to represent iridium armor? I can't go off of the head, every FW model has a different one, it seems!

Actually, if I were going to use an FW model to represent irridium armor, I'd have to go with the Shas'O R'Myr model and ditch the arms. I realize that FW advertises the XV89 as "commander suit with heavier armor," but with the armor being identical to the GW XV8 from the knees to the neck...it doesn't wash with me. I wonder if I could get Shas'O R'Myr with alternate arms...

+ Reply to Thread