Necron Hayday - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Necron Hayday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Necron Hayday

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Necron Hayday is back at my local game shop! We're finally on top again because of a new rule the new owner has implemented. Right now, in an odd attempt to weed out any "competetive" players (he associates competetiveness with power gaming jerks) he's installed a new rule stating that no one is allowed to field any heavy choices or named ICs. Now all of my Destroyers are going to run train on people, the most I have to deal with is AV 12, but mostly Rhinos and infantry! Just thought I'd share this little gleam of light for the Necrons with you due to recent bummed-outiveness on these forums.

World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Rage View Post
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Necron Hayday is back at my local game shop! We're finally on top again because of a new rule the new owner has implemented. Right now, in an odd attempt to weed out any "competetive" players (he associates competetiveness with power gaming jerks) he's installed a new rule stating that no one is allowed to field any heavy choices or named ICs. Now all of my Destroyers are going to run train on people, the most I have to deal with is AV 12, but mostly Rhinos and infantry! Just thought I'd share this little gleam of light for the Necrons with you due to recent bummed-outiveness on these forums.
    That said, Terminators will RUIN your day...without a Ctan you have no way to deal with them unless you take a tooled up lord, and even then..he's only fair.

But yes, interesting rule...
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

That seems stupid, especially having no heavy choices.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    That said, Terminators will RUIN your day...without a Ctan you have no way to deal with them unless you take a tooled up lord, and even then..he's only fair.

But yes, interesting rule...
    Pariahs are a perfect terminator-killing tool... and with no heavies to chew them up they suddenly start to live longer, too.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Rage View Post
    Wow....what a fail of a game shop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Competitiveness=power gaming jerks? How do they run tournaments or leagues? Is the winner the one who tries the hardest, has fun, and brings a smile to his opponent's face? Does the winner get to take a trip to the land of chocolate rivers and gum drop smiles?
    League Stats: Orks 4W-1L-1T, CSM 4W-2L-0T, Dark Eldar 10W-6L-4T, Tau 3W-1L-1T, Blood Angels 4W-1L-1T, Imperial Guard 2W-1L-0T
    Tourney Stats: Blood Angels 6W-0L-0T, Dark Eldar 2W-1L-0T

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

Really, Necrons only need two changes to be made workable, if not competitive. First, make all "Necron" units Fearless. This makes us less vulnerable in CC. Sure, we'll take extra wounds, but that's what WBB is for. The other is that Gauss weapons/Disruption Fields count as AP1 on a roll of 6 to wound/penetrate. This allows us to destroy vehicles with glancing hits, bringing them back up to their original functionality, as well as giving us something that can actually kill Terminators. This won't fix all the problems Necrons currently have, but it does get rid of the most glaring ones. Outlawing HS choices is just dumb. I want my monolith!
    House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

That rule would kill a Daemon player. I don't want to rip on the rule, but it seems half the fun of playing 40K is to use all your army in an efficient enough way as to win. I'd hate to finally find an army list that I like and then be accused of being an overly "competitive" player. To each his own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would be interested in doing a series of games where the first game you couldn't take elites, the second you couldn't take fast attack, and the third you couldn't take heavy support just as a challenge to test people's skill without relying on a certain type of unit. However, I would hate for a store to make that a hard set in stone rule for all games.
    League Stats: Orks 4W-1L-1T, CSM 4W-2L-0T, Dark Eldar 10W-6L-4T, Tau 3W-1L-1T, Blood Angels 4W-1L-1T, Imperial Guard 2W-1L-0T
    Tourney Stats: Blood Angels 6W-0L-0T, Dark Eldar 2W-1L-0T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a difference between being competitive and being a power-gaming f-tard. While interesting for a little while, I think that this rule would make the game boring after a few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast