Tau Custom Character - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    As far back in Hammer and Anvil as I can go.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau Custom Character

Tau Custom Characters

I was considering making a Tau Empire custom character, using O'shaserra as a base. Her XV22 Battlesuit would make a great custom HQ model. I have some basic fluff planned out, but it's nothing too interesting.

I've read many threads on this topic, and have come to the conclusion that custom characters, so long as the points are accurate, are accepted in most (non-Tournament) Warhammer 40k games.

Here goes- I was considering 180 points. The model would be considered Jump Infantry (Jet Pack), so it would get a 6" move in the Assault phase.

Statistics:

WS 3
    BS 5
    S 5
    T 5
    W 4
    I 4
    A 4
    Ld 10
    Sv 2+

Equipment:
    • Hard-wired Multi-Tracker
    • Integrated Shield Generator
    • Integrated Stealth Field Generator
    • Hard-wired Drone Controller
    • Stimulant Injector
    • Fusion Blaster
    • Plasma Rifle
    • [SIZE=2]Ion Cannon
    Special Rules
    • Independent Character
    • Relentless
    • Feel No Pain
    I don't consider it overpowered, compared to Marneus Calgar, etc., but I'd love to hear the opinions of other forum users.[/INDENT]

Last edited by Shas'elMont'yr; December 17th, 2010 at 00:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting idea, only that i think he is kinda heavy weight and sort of...well impossible to kill comes to mind xD
    T5, 2+/4++ and feel no pain to boot. Eternal Warrior and all that good stuff he will shrugg off basically anything you can through at him. Seems sorta over the top with the things you gave him. I would lose Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain rule, otherwise i like it.
    MT only allows you to fire 2 weapons so maybe drop the FB in favour of having the Ion Cannon and PR as main weapons for him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only took items from the armory (Tau battlesuits can get FNP), and he's restricted to 3 hardpoints. I used Eternal Warrior because it would be annoying for him to get instakilled... I'll take it off though. Probably hard to 1-hit a T5 model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh i missed Stimulant Injector, my bad.
    Interesting suit i would say, one that is acually good to field and not an crisis suit with 2 new toys on it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I was thinking of adding 2 extra shots (Str 6 Heavy 5) at the cost of "Gets Hot!" to the Ion Cannon- probably too cheap, but worth a try. I should probably decrease that WS to 3 anyway. Tau should never get too good at CC.
    Last edited by Shas'elMont'yr; December 15th, 2010 at 23:53. Reason: More content.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

To be honest, I would take Shadowsun as is if she had plasma rifles instead of fusion blasters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would certainly improve her. Any thoughts on my Custom?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'elMont'yr View Post
    That would certainly improve her. Any thoughts on my Custom?
    It's undercosted at 150.
    The same equipment on a Shas'o would cost 182 points plus the cost of the ion cannon, stealth generator, init boost, toughness boost, eternal warrior, removal of the iridium armour restrictions, and other sundry benefits (hardwiring of shield generator, etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

It is undercosted I was sort of saying that when I said she was fine with plasmas. I know that is not hardly a clear answer.

If I were you I would just take Shadowsun as a base. Subtract the cost of the required shield drones and command and control node/drone, then add the extra pricing for whatever weapon swap you did. From there I would refrain from modifying stats or anything like that, as you cannot really set an agreed upon price for a +1 toughness. Not even Farsight has eternal warrior... being insta-killed is just something Tau have had to live with.

On another note... where are people finding that it's legal to make your own custom characters?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serran View Post
    On another note... where are people finding that it's legal to make your own custom characters?
    As far as I know the only rule that would state such a thing is the custom rules for casual play against friends.

If there were rules (official ones). Then there would be guidelines to making custom character's by now for use in official events.
    Last edited by Blood Seriph; December 16th, 2010 at 15:56.
    http://www.videogamevoters.org/
    Support you right to play video games, its for the greater good...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast