WWP Rules Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWP Rules Question

So I reread the WWP rules after trying to figure out how to create a better delivery system for the Dark Eldar punishment.

It states "From then on, any of your units arriving from reserve may move onto the board from the portal marker's edge instead of entering as normal (it does not matter whether these units were intending to deep strike, outflank, simply move on from their own table edge, and so on)."

Now we all know that vehicles may not enter play via a Webway Portal, but say I have a Raider that I intended to deep strike with a unit of Wyches. Does this mean I can have the Wyches enter play via the Webway Portal and have the raider enter via the normal deep strike rules? I can't find any reason why they would state that rule regarding deep strike when nothing but vehicles in the army can deep strike.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I believe that your interpretation is correct, that is how I read it also. Once the portal has been opened it gives any non-vehicle unit another option of how they want to enter. The one sticking point for me is once the portal is open do you roll 1 dice for them for reserves or 2 (one for the squad using the portal, and one for the DSing raider).

And not that it matters but Hellions and Scourges are both jump infantry and so can naturally deep strike.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

All units with jump packs can deep strike, so there are units other than vehicles in the DE book that can DS.

Seeing as how units don't have to be deployed with their dedicated transport I can't find any reason why the wyches can't enter via the WWP while their raider deep strikes. It would require two rolls on reserves then, as splitting them up makes them two separate units for coming in from reserves.
    Last edited by frozencore; December 16th, 2010 at 06:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always assumed that units must be deployed with their dedicated transports, as per the entry on pg. 67 in the rulebook. Did I read the entry wrong? Does it only mean that no unit other than the unit the transport was purchased for can be deployed in the dedicated transport, but the intended unit and the transport can be deployed separately?

Pirate Chaos Space Marine Mechatius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by scorlibrian View Post
    Does it only mean that no unit other than the unit the transport was purchased for can be deployed in the dedicated transport, but the intended unit and the transport can be deployed separately?
    That's exactly what it means. =)

+ Reply to Thread