Implosion missles worthg it or not? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Implosion missles worthg it or not?

Discuss I am sitting on the fence

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Generally, no. But if you know that you're up against a lot of foot-slogging hard guys they could certainly come in handy. So, if you know what you're up against, they could be worth it. But in a regular all-comers list, I would advice against them.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I don't think so. I'm a fan of the large blast template options and the cost is just prohibitive to take 4

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Unless you are playing a large point game 4 of them is probably not such a good idea. That said 2 (plus 2 other missiles of your choice if you have points going) is a pretty good deal for what you get.

Given the voidraven's weapon loadout implosion missiles get better and better the more elite the enemy you are facing - nob bikers are particularly vulnerable to it and they will scythe straight through tyranid warriors with reasonable efficiency.

Units of a single model with multiple wounds (namely MC's) are generally not a fantastic target due to nearly all models of this nature have 3+ wounds, shifting the odds in their favour a bit - plus being only a single model you can't get many hits compared to say, 5 tyranid warriors.

I personally think implosions missiles are truly amazing at what they do, sadly they a somewhat limited ranged of maximum effectiveness - wasting a 30 point missile a tactical squad isn't a fantastic return when a triple disintegrator ravager is more suited to the role, but they do work as an excellent insurance policy against deathstar style units (I can forsee thunderwolf cavalry being particularly vulnerable unless they are truly fully pimped with storm shields).

+ Reply to Thread