My Dark Eldar Warriors And A Question! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.

I'm new here!

I've just started doing a dark eldar army and this is how my basic warrior will be made.

My question is:

I wanna buy something off ForgeWorld - but I just don't wanna buy something I'll never get to use... so which should I go for:

The Void Phoenix (it doesn't look very DE to me... AND it has starcannons(!?!?&#33

The Razorwing... ok well - it might be good ingame.. but certainly at the same price as the Phoenix I think it's a bit expensive...

The Raven - looks kind of decent dark eldarish... but is it any good?!?!?!?!

Thanks in advance!!

May your archons never roll a 1!

Thorbjørn Nielsen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Most of the stuff off forge world you'll never get to use.
    I would look into that cool little dark eldar flyer they have, I think its one of the only dark eldar items available at forgeworld.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yo welcome to the board clovermilk. Your basic warrior looks pretty good. Maybe have a little bit more variety of colours on the body though, it looks a little bland. I like that metallic colour though.

With regards to forgeworld models. I think that the models are very fragile and may break in shipment. I would never use them, as they are pointwise very expensive and die too quickly to be worth the points. If you do get one, go for the ravenwing, its the closest thing to decent. Its expensive stuff, I would rather buy some ravagers and convertem or use em instead.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by The Incubi@Sep 29 2004, 160
    yo welcome to the board clovermilk. Your basic warrior looks pretty good. Maybe have a little bit more variety of colours on the body though, it looks a little bland. I like that metallic colour though.

With regards to forgeworld models. I think that the models are very fragile and may break in shipment. I would never use them, as they are pointwise very expensive and die too quickly to be worth the points. If you do get one, go for the ravenwing, its the closest thing to decent. Its expensive stuff, I would rather buy some ravagers and convertem or use em instead.

incubi
    [snapback]220947[/snapback]

Hehe... I just ordered the Raven now&#33;&#33;&#33;

I came down to this: 55 for the Phoenix OR the Razor... or 53 for the raven AND 3 shadowswords titan hunter superheavy tanks for my IG epic army... hehe&#33;

AS for the colourscheme on the trooper.. I&#39;m not much for all those colour people drown their DE in... heh - no pun - but it just aint me... the scheme is not so obvious on this model, but it&#39;s the only one I have a picture of... It&#39;s actually bleach bone and black... the scheme that is&#33; Very dark and sinister ;-) *SPPPOOOK*

Thanks for the feed guys&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between the Razorwing or the Raven, you made the right choice. However, I would go with the Phoenix for sure. You get a better model, and I like it&#39;s rules a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Tegadil@Sep 29 2004, 17:45
    Between the Razorwing or the Raven, you made the right choice. However, I would go with the Phoenix for sure. You get a better model, and I like it&#39;s rules a bit more.
    [snapback]221004[/snapback]

Ok cool&#33;&#33;&#33;

But the Phoenix - doesn&#39;t it look a little more eldar than dark eldar?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?

I mean - arent those insignias on the sides strictly eldar things?&#33; And finally - using the phoenix would bring starcannons into a DE army, which is more than un-DE like&#33;&#33;&#33; hehe... isn&#39;t it one of the main differences from eldar that DE don&#39;t have star cannons?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O.K. i don&#39;t know much about DE, but i just want too say that that model is painted about 15 times better than my mate at scool&#39;s warriors, al he does is dunk them in black, then green then purple and doesn&#39;t let it dry imbertween (well that&#39;s what i think he does, as they are so bad&#33;&#33;&#33&#33; and let&#39;s just hope he&#39;s not a member of this site and i don&#39;t know, &#39;cause he&#39;ll go all crazy on me if he reads this&#33;&#33;&#33; anyway, i like your painting, real good&#33;
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

looks pretty good kinda like of my black and blue guys
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the void is mostly used by eldar pirates (not really DE) and they probably robbed the ship off of some craftworld because no one was any idea where Commorragh is

it is basically eldar paid a lot of money to by the De to do weird stuff

yeah i would definetly go with the raven but you might want to think about just convering one using a jetbike and a raider you could make some pretty sweet stuff there and it wouldn&#39;t be near as expensive

+ Reply to Thread