Help With Fw Models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:hmm: I need some help from you guys, if at all possible,

I have read in various threads that the FW big bugs are classed as Super Heavy tanks. I've re-read the Imperial Armour Update 2004 (where the Harridan, both Hierodule's & the new Winged HT are described) but couldn't see anywhere in their descriptions that they are classed as SH Tanks.

I also re-read the rules for Tyranid Monstrosities creation in WD 254 but saw no mention there either. It does say that T9 or T10 should be reserved larger War Engine equivalent beasts, but that's it.

So, if you could, where does this SH classification originate from?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Superheavy Vehicles/War Machines are those with Structure points... Ergo, Tyranids with Mass points should be considered Superheavies.

IIRC, I saw the clarification regarding them in the letters section of an old Citadel journal, the one which had the Scythed Hierodule in it. Happen to have that particular one in my posession... I've misplaced it somewhere, but I'll try and see if I can dig it up and give a page reference.

Also, take another look at the CDR rules... A bit after they talk about the T stats, "Gargantuan Creatures and Mass Points". I'll make a partial quote: "Mass points serve a similar purpose to war machines' Structure points". A rather direct comparison, I'd say.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course, you're right. I just re-read the IA 2004 update and the Mass Points are still listed..

However, if you look through the IA, where a model is a Super Heavy, it is classified. Other models, however, that are not SH models, are lsited as Heavy Support choices.

The Harridan & both Heirodules are listed as Heavy Support choices, like the Chaos Hell Talon or the Eldar Fire Storm.

Therein lies my confusion. I know that FW ruled models are not allowed in GW Tournaments ( (N) (N) ) but are allowed in RT tourney's and in local shops depending on house rules or opponents permission. I was and am curious where the SH designation came from.

+ Reply to Thread