Warrior Uses? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Uses?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warrior Uses?

Hey all,

I've been lurking around this section for some time, and with Christmas right around the corner I know I wished for a few Necron pieces to begin my own Necron army! I should be starting with a 1,000 point list and i'll slowly build up from there, and I know many people believe that they are underpowered I hope to try and prove some friends that they aren't

However, while trying to figure out tactics I noticed there's very little information on what to do with the warriors. I know they are fragile and can easily be swept by assault troops, but does anyone actually use them for anything? Any situations where these guys can be useful? Or will they just be hiding in fear behind my lord/destroyers for the rest of their careers? Thanks for the replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

They hide, unless there's no assaulty units nearby. And they are the only unit that can capture objectives. That's it. I hide them, because if I move them forward, I've just put them more in danger if assaulty units are on the table. Even if I move forward and he's out of range this turn, he's likely to be in range next turn and since we can't move and shoot, I stand still waiting for my 24" shots. They're marines with no fancy bells and whistles. Our weapon is the same as a bolter and we get WBB. Marines are cheaper for points cost, get FAR greater options (such as hiding power weapons on a sergeant, better init, frag grenades for assaulting cover, krak grenades, chapter tactics, can get assigned transports, etc etc...) Warriors are very underwhelming.

Mine hide behind the Monolith because it's easy to get a cover save that way
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

I don't baby my warriors. They are there for taking and holding objectives and bringing extra shots to the table. Sure, I don't play stupid, throwing them into power weapons and sweeping death for no reason, but its not like I hide them and expect them to do nothing. They still bring 10 to 20 gauss shots with respectable BS. From 24" away a warrior squad will, on the average, cause 1,11 glancing hits on AV"Anything"... Which is actually far more than you can expect a melta + missilelauncher marine squad to deliver. Using them to deliver those 24" glances will go a long way towards neutralizing enemy firepower. When you've demeched enemy, pitting 10 Warriors against an equal point value of Space Marines means the Space Marines die... Unless they are Space Wolves, ofc, but SW are damn overpowered even against regular SM.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Warriors are in your list for 2 reasons
    1. They are the only thing in your list that can capture objectives
    2. They are the best way to boost your phase-out number.

Aside from taking objectives, the best thing to do with them is stand them behind your monoliths and try to keep them away from enemy assault units.
    The art of Eldar: Paint clean, play dirty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As suspected they seem to be fairly useless haha, as noted they are the only unit that can capture objectives so how would you two go about seize ground and capture and control games? 2/3 of the games I would assume you need to have your warriors go try to claim objectives, or do you just hold your own while contesting the rest to try and win?

Polaria I do like your tactic though, I will definitely try it out once I get my army assembled as it seems a lot more interesting then to just sit back and play defense haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    Warriors are in your list for 2 reasons
    1. They are the only thing in your list that can capture objectives
    2. They are the best way to boost your phase-out number.

Aside from taking objectives, the best thing to do with them is stand them behind your monoliths and try to keep them away from enemy assault units.
    I have a third reason. Because we have to put 2 squads of them on the table in every game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

5 reasons:

1. Phase out. Nothing adds to it quite like warriors.
    2. Anti-troop. Warriors are useless most of the time as they can't take out anything good and move very slowely. But if they get in a shoot out with ANY other normal troop choice in the game they will win. Hands down. Marines, Tau, Guard... they all topple. Just avoid h2h with them, point for point, barely any infantry matches them at ranged combat, devastators and crisis suits are about the only exceptions.
    3. Anti-terminator. We have nothing other than a 360pt ctan to beat em with. So your only option is to unload as many gauss blasts into them as possible and hope for the best. 40 warriors normally do a good job of this.
    4. Objectives. Sit on one, take pot shots at transports hoping for an immobilise and go to ground when shot by anything scary.
    5. Get inbetween your immortals/destroyers and anything that can kill them. Like terminators, death company or anything with a power weapon. While doing so, shoot the crap out of the thing your blocking and hope.

EDIT: And cocky guy above me. That would be why you loose. "cos we have to put 2 on the table" implies that is all you use. This was why I used to loose. I then ran 60 in a 2000pt game and kicked $(-)1T out of my opponent. 60 + lord + 3 monoliths + 5 Scarabs. He just didn't know what to do. Honestly warriors are by far the most under-rated unit in the ENTIRE game. If you run enough they just keep getting back up. And keep on slowly burning their way through the opponent.
    Last edited by shas_on_u; December 24th, 2010 at 15:41.
    Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shas_on_u View Post
    5 reasons:

1. Phase out. Nothing adds to it quite like warriors.
    2. Anti-troop. Warriors are useless most of the time as they can't take out anything good and move very slowely. But if they get in a shoot out with ANY other normal troop choice in the game they will win. Hands down. Marines, Tau, Guard... they all topple. Just avoid h2h with them, point for point, barely any infantry matches them at ranged combat, devastators and crisis suits are about the only exceptions.
    3. Anti-terminator. We have nothing other than a 360pt ctan to beat em with. So your only option is to unload as many gauss blasts into them as possible and hope for the best. 40 warriors normally do a good job of this.
    4. Objectives. Sit on one, take pot shots at transports hoping for an immobilise and go to ground when shot by anything scary.
    5. Get inbetween your immortals/destroyers and anything that can kill them. Like terminators, death company or anything with a power weapon. While doing so, shoot the crap out of the thing your blocking and hope.

EDIT: And cocky guy above me. That would be why you loose. "cos we have to put 2 on the table" implies that is all you use. This was why I used to loose. I then ran 60 in a 2000pt game and kicked $(-)1T out of my opponent. 60 + lord + 3 monoliths + 5 Scarabs. He just didn't know what to do. Honestly warriors are by far the most under-rated unit in the ENTIRE game. If you run enough they just keep getting back up. And keep on slowly burning their way through the opponent.
    I normally field more then 2 warrior squads, but just wanted to remind people that we still have to put 2 on the field.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

If you say so
    Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey now lets be nice everyone, tis the time to be merry with the holidays among us haha

but shas with your end comment there, saying you took 60 in a 2000 point list. Do you recommend taking more than the average 10 per 500 points that people seem to recommend so much? I'm glad I started this threat it seems there ARE more uses for necron warriors than previously thought haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast