Harlequin's in 5th Ed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harlequin's in 5th Ed

I'm trying to build a 1000 point Eldar army. I am brand new to Warhammer though. I want to have harlequin's in my army simply because I like the way they look, tho friends of mine who have played for awhile tell me about the issues with them. My question is, can I use a harlequin unit to count as one of my necessary troop units? Here is what I have so far:
    Farseer
    Harlequin Troupes w/ Shadowseer
    Wraithguards w/ spiritseer and wave serpeant
    Dire Avengers w/ Exarch
    Dark Reapers w/ Exarch

I'm not trying to build a rapesaur army, just one that is fun and looks good. So do I need to add another troop unit? or will the Harlequin's count as the second troop unit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but they are an elite choice, meaning they are not troops and not a scoring unit. Just add another unit of dire avengers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well who knows? Maybe when they come out with a 5th ed codex, they will give you options for the different factions of eldar (i.e. black guardians, saim hann wild riders etc.) and possibly let you customize if you want to make your own faction like me. In which case you could possibly take harlequins as a troop but for the moment they are overpriced in my opinion and an elite choice. Still pretty deadly tho in the right hands. Just pray you can add bonuses to your faction in 5th edition when it comes out jomwait
    I play my own exodite eldar (technically craftworld but I made my own army and story ;))

23/5/9

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

The reality of it is that they will never be troops. GW has gone to a more simpler codex form. Hence why there is no more craft world eldar, while different chapters are completely different codices, while there is no more eye of terror or armegeddon codex list, etc.

What they will have probably, is like, take this special character, and this unit is now a troop choice.

As for your questions, harlies are too expensive for 1000 points. Use them at 1500.

They are okay in 5th edition. They are a personal taste unit though.

No they are not troops and you need to get a 2nd choice. I suggest dire avengers in a wave serpent.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Harlequins aren't troops. Your wraithguard, however, CAN be troops. But you have to have enough of them.

Additionally if you just want to play a legal army with what you already have, I bet you have enough DA that you could split your single squad into two squads of five, thus filling up your troop requirements.

On a side note, I notice you're new to the board. So welcome. And a word of warning, the advice here is heavily biased towards mech eldar (i.e. everybody or nearly everybody has a transport). And there's a good reason for that.

However your models really don't favor pure mech so much. You might do well with wraithguard troops supported by countecharging harlequins and maybe a wraithlord and/or avatar. Keep a serpent to two and some DA so that you can zip troops to objectives later in the game.

7. LikeMr Aviator liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread