Baron Sathonyx - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baron Sathonyx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baron Sathonyx

HI Guys

I've recently started getting into DE with the new releases. The quality of the kits is great. They seem very detailed but also delicate which makes them difficult to handle, pack and transport

My favourite model so far are the Hellions as they give a great feeling of speed and agility. I also like the idea of having Sathonyx with a unit for his; cheap HQ + troop choice, hit and run re rolls, and S6 with hellglaive when assulting.

I've not yet built enough to battle but I'm keen to try out the stun claw in hit and run, co-ordinated with assults by my Wyches. Has anyone used this and what success/problems have you found.

I guess it'll be some time before the next release of DE kits and I really like the conceptual art of Sathonyx in the codex, so I thought I'd have a go at converting a Hellion with Green Stuff.

IMGP1733.jpgIMGP1731.jpg

I wanted to keep the orange hair colour as its already on my other DE and I like the purple capes on the eavy metal DE models but the two together are not the best colour combination. I am pleased with the feeling of speed, although I think the hair is a little "lumpy" and the cape could do with more detailing.

IMGP1735.jpgIMGP1739.jpgIMGP1734.jpg

I'd love to see any other attempts at Sathonyx, or read ideas for his best usage.

Beware the shadows!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice konversion, I'll post up mine when I finish painting it. just made a similar post about the sathonyx + hellions unit combo, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The conversion looks sweet dude nice work
    I think the stun claw is a nifty piece of wargear the thing that should be appreciated about it i feel is not that u can pull a character out of a unit but that when u do u create a new combat hence your hellions cant be shot at but with the hit and run move it allows u to get closer to your true target while being immune to firepower...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

the baron and a stunclaw armed helliarch? deadly! Mwahahaha!

+ Reply to Thread