Why do you think the Tyranids came from a different Universe? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think the Tyranids came from a different Universe?

What do you think happened to make them visit another universe?

The only way to beat the Tyranids is if we forfeit the battle! ;)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

The fluff really only says that they came from beyond the galaxy, but I suppose they might as well have come from another universe in many ways.

And why do Tyranids really do anything we do? We leave where we leave and we go where we go because we are HUNGRY.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Yeah, Mads basically has it. The most common theory is that the nids come from a different galaxy which they totally consumed. They got hungry, moved onto this one. Simple as.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I read in the main rulebook that they have eaten about a dozen galaxies.

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Agree with Leech.
    Nids: 12
    Galaxies: 0

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

What happens to an animal when it runs out of food? It starts looking for food in new lands. It's just natural. They go to "greener pastures" looking for more food.

Same with the Tyranids. They consume all the biomass in a galaxy and then need to move on to the next galaxy to feed their hunger. It just so happens that the next galaxy is the galaxy of mankind.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the current fluff strongly suggests that the tyranids came from another galaxy and the reason that we haven't face a full migration of another galaxy's bio-mass worth of tyranids is that it moved out all directions from the galaxy it just consumed, that of course suggests that they have evolved from a nearby galaxy, became the dominate species and moved on to new feeding grounds, i like to follow this "logic" cause they are still evolving to compensate the threats in this galaxy, if they have been moving from galaxy to galaxy as in more then just evolving in the closest one, the time involved (even is each galaxy was devoid of sentient species) would probably of put their evolutionary state beyond anything this galaxy could handle even with the god emperors light shining from all those marines asses

anyways, i am just hoping that they never solve the origin point of the tyranids, it would probably take away from their awesomeness and general alien nature, although i always had this weird thought that the "Queen bee" the actual head honcho was a planet sized nid, and that the real invasion of this galaxy doesn't start till it arrives, just like the hive fleets are an upgrade to the threat/feelers of geanstealers the arrival of the actual will of the tyranids ushers in a very dire threat to all of the races of this galaxy, i.e pretty epic shit must happen to stop such a horde, i am not talking heroics i am talking god-like intervention and even then.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gullgotha View Post
    .... would probably of put their evolutionary state beyond anything this galaxy could handle even with the god emperors light shining from all those marines asses
    Im gonna go out on a limb here and say the tyranids ARE the most evolved thing in the galaxy. Consider this:

In the story in the codex against the Tau (Hive Fleet Golgotha?) the hive fleet evolved at an INCREDIBLY rapid rate. This is to the extent where a problem was found (Ie dense undergrowth) and the swarm psyically evolved to be more agile in about a day or so. This continued untill the nids eventually evolved themselves to death, they couldnt keep the numbers AND the changes up. Point being, they're VERY highly evolved, nothing natural in the galaxy does that.

Secondly, we havnt even come across the main part of the hive fleets yet. Whats left at the moment are scout tendrils, when the main body of the fleet turns up, we would see all manner of highly evolved beastys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    Im gonna go out on a limb here and say the tyranids ARE the most evolved thing in the galaxy. Consider this:

In the story in the codex against the Tau (Hive Fleet Golgotha?) the hive fleet evolved at an INCREDIBLY rapid rate. This is to the extent where a problem was found (Ie dense undergrowth) and the swarm psyically evolved to be more agile in about a day or so. This continued untill the nids eventually evolved themselves to death, they couldnt keep the numbers AND the changes up. Point being, they're VERY highly evolved, nothing natural in the galaxy does that.

Secondly, we havnt even come across the main part of the hive fleets yet. Whats left at the moment are scout tendrils, when the main body of the fleet turns up, we would see all manner of highly evolved beastys.
    I would go so far to say that the nid's are the most quickly evolving species yes, but most highly evolved i don't think so, since purpose is needed to quantify how "highly" evolved something is and all purpose is down to personal opinion its only semantics that is going to rule the discussion in this area....so many areas to cover, i know im being kinda obtuse here but i don't want to start an argument of semantics over fictional stories. my point basically was that since they are evolving both in body and mind (as seen by adaptions in forms and tactics) quite rapidly and the general time it would take to travel from one galaxy to the next it lends more to the fact that they came from a nearby galaxy instead of traveling and devouring through many to get here.

I also hold no illusions that the main bulk of the tyranid fleet on its way is getting all the feedback from the conflicts that its splinter fleets and geanstealers and just evolving shit up for the coming battle, but i always thought that the epic shit we seen so far, even norn queens and all the huge battleships, their has to be something big coming, something gestalt, something that not even the gods could take on easy (something must be protecting the fleet from chaos and pyskers) the will of the fleet must be something .... well very slow to join the party =)

anyways im getting into a bit of a fanfic mood here, its all just smoke in the wind unless made cannon by the workshop boys in the uk.

mind you i think that tau story is an allegory for that certain type of stag in America that generations after generations their antlers grew to big for their heads and they literally couldn't raise their heads of the ground to feed and all died off cause the males never made it to breeding age, but yeah i think the fleet name was Golgotha(named after the chief assassin of hell for any bible bashers out there) and nothing to do with my name, just sounds the same that's all =P

to tell you the truth with all the fluff out there my biggest intrest is 50k.... 10k years later, whats happened, who has fallen, who has risen, did the god empror finally die and humanity at the brink of destruction, or does is essence return in one of his kin or is he reborn and starts a new crusade, do the missing primarchs come back for one final battle as what left of the tau, elder and humanity fight off the endless tyranid that have wiped out every species left save the orcs (who are ****ing everywhere )

anyways, enough from my mind, time for sleep

peace out guys and happy new year and all that

11. Likecopperkungfu liked this post.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gullgotha View Post
    anyways im getting into a bit of a fanfic mood here, its all just smoke in the wind unless made cannon by the workshop boys in the uk.
    Well it seems they may have gone and done that anyway. See Leech and NNP's posts above. Apparently the main rule book says they've gone through 12 anyway, if thats not cannon i dont know what is. Mind you i never had the rulebook with the fluff in, but thats what they're saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast