Nobz... Battlewagon or bikes?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobz... Battlewagon or bikes??

Hey guys, I am new to the forums and to being an Ork player. I wish to pick your brains and ask what do YOU prefer?

Nobs on bikes? or A battlewagon w/deffrolla, red paint, boarding plank as a transport?

I am stuck between the two..

Any help at all would be amazing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

They're both great choices! I think that generally the battlewagon will work best in a vehicle-heavy army. Fielding a single wagon with no other vehicles, it will probably get wiped out quickly, especially if it contains nobz. If you've got a couple wagons, maybe some trukks, with a kustom forcefield aboard one for protectyness, you'll be much better off. Biker Nobz are all-around nasty, they're tough as nails, quick, and with some powerklaws, deadly. Either way, most players recommend you equip them with a painboy and cybork bodies, a bosspole, and several powerklaws. I'd also think about the style you want to go for, and the models. I really like the nobz on foot models, from both the box and AOBR set, but you could convert them onto bikes with some work. Have fun!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

If you are working on nob bikers, a useful tip would be to magnetize the legs and the torso's.

By doing this, you can swap the nob bikers and regular bikers without buying 2x the models.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Patzer, welcome to the forums!

I prefer Nobz on bikes. As its been said before, they're strong, quick, and dead killy in CC. However, it all depends on how your army is put together if you're wondering about bikes vs a battlewagon. I'm currently constructing a speed freak army, so nob bikers was the first thing that came to mind. If you're looking at running a vehicle heavy army, as Seanchadith said, go with the battlewagon. But whatever you do (and I think this is a pretty strong consensus) don't let them just trudge up the battlefield. They definitely need to be on bikes, or in a wagon/trukk.

On a brief aside, I'm still in the process of building my orks. Well, over Christmas, I went to visit some of my friends and took my greenskins along. See, we typically all play together, so we get very used to playing each other's armies, not a whole lot of variety - so me having orks is a breath of fresh air so to speak. Anyways, the looks on their faces when my Nob Bikers smashed into their ranks was brilliant! I knew they were going to do well on paper, but they really did great in practice!

But that's that, hope it helped. Have fun!

jroode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Patzer said, Welcome!
    As Seanchadith suggests, a single Battlewagon always has a big sign saying "Shoot Me" on it. I use two Battlewagons and two Trukks together, one of the BWs has my Warboss and his Nobz, the other either holds a big bunch of Nobz or a Big mek with KFF.
    And a Battlewagon is nekkid without a rolla!

+ Reply to Thread