Apocalypse Eldar Datasheets - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apocalypse Eldar Datasheets

Hi again,

In a previous post (http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...attlelist.html)

I outlined my plan to repaint a lot of old figures that would be worth around 10,000 pts in the current codex. From the above thread it was suggested that Apoc rules / models should be introduced just to set the army off.

Having caught the bug again I invested in a copy of the Apoc rulebook and will be adding Cloudstrike Sqns, Sunstorm Sqns and Aspect Assault Waves, as well as looking carefully at some of the other Eldar formations that are either in the rule book or on the GW website.

I am aware however that there is an Apoc formation using the 6 Phoenix Lords, can anyone point me in the direction for the rules for this?

Finally, as I finish painting my 1st Sqd of 10 DAs can I keep adding to an existing thread like this, or the original one, for feedback. Whilst my painting skills have improved I feel they'd be massively helped with further advice.

Many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Apoc: Reload.

If you want to save some money, instead of buying 4+ prisms. There is a date sheet that has 2 prisms and 1 vyper, which turns there shooting into a Strength D weapon. Its not as good at 4 prisms but its cheaper money wise.

By the way, there are many more eldar formations in the forgeworld Apoc books. (there's 2).

Lastly, as a veteran eldar apoc player I can tell you the most useful formations (when i say useful i mean broken), are aspect assault waves and that war walker one on the GW website, The rest dont really earn there points back consistently.

And as for apoc units: Cobra is best bang for the buck for ground units. Phoenix Bomber is the best bang for buck as a flier.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by ericismyname View Post
    There is a date sheet that has 2 prisms and 1 vyper, which turns there shooting into a Strength D weapon. Its not as good at 4 prisms but its cheaper money wise.
    If you're referring to the Saim-Hann Doom Serpent Squadron from White Dwarf last summer...It is 2 Fire Prisms and 3 Vyper Squadrons (so a min of 3 Vypers total). They also get infiltrate and camouflage!
    If neither Fire Prism moves they combine to a single Str D AP1 Twin-Linked shot(no blast!).
    And if you are Saim-Hann you get an additional +1 to the vehicle damage chart! So that's +3 vs regular and +2 vs super-heavies!

imho a better and cheaper anti-super heavy sniper unit than the sunstorm squadron.

Here's the link to GW's website free Apoc datasheets.
    Apocalypse: Datasheets | Games Workshop
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    If you're referring to the Saim-Hann Doom Serpent Squadron from White Dwarf last summer...It is 2 Fire Prisms and 3 Vyper Squadrons (so a min of 3 Vypers total). They also get infiltrate and camouflage!
    If neither Fire Prism moves they combine to a single Str D AP1 Twin-Linked shot(no blast!).
    And if you are Saim-Hann you get an additional +1 to the vehicle damage chart! So that's +3 vs regular and +2 vs super-heavies! ....no

imho a better and cheaper anti-super heavy sniper unit than the sunstorm squadron.

Yeahi was, my bad i forgot it was 3 vypers.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

no worries. I happed to have the datasheets in front of me at the time!
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, it's the Phoenix Lord formation I need a reference too, is that in Apoc reloaded? I've seen it used on Apoc battle reports on here, Think it's called the Court of Khaine or somesuch?

Not sure if it's a proper Apoc formation, or just people using all 6 Lords together?

I've already got 3 Fire Prisms and 3 Vipers to paint. So I can use either Sunstorm or the other formation mentioned above.
    Last edited by GarethP; January 12th, 2011 at 21:54. Reason: Edit, re-read the 1st reply

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Okay The Phoenix Court of Khaine, awesome unit. Attracts opponents big guns like you would not believe so work on a way to get it close and quickly! lol. Okay the formation as you already know is The Avatar of Khaine and all the phoenix lords. formation cost (150pts + the cost of the models), so around 1540pts in total if I remember rightly.
    Special Rules.
    Avatar becomes Eternal (Just as well considering all the D-strength weaponry out there)
    Avatar becomes immune to plasma. (Nice addition :p)
    Avatar gains an extra attack for every phoenix lord within 6 inches of him (meaning that on the charge he will have 11 attacks. This should finish off anything that the phoenix lords dont as the Avatar will strike last, Shame really, the phoenix lords are capabil of killing most units without needing the avatars help seeing as how the phoenix lords have 24 basic attacks at Ws7, I7. on the charge they'll have 30 attacks, so how much is going to survive before the avatar strikes?)

As Eric said before, you want the formation youll need to check out the book, Apocalpse Reloaded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael

And if you are Saim-Hann you get an additional +1 to the vehicle damage chart! So that's +3 vs regular and +2 vs super-heavies!

Do you know the issue number for the white dwarf with that formation?
    -------------------
    Check out my Blog for my Biel-Tan Apocalypse progress

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/daziel/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Macleod
    Okay The Phoenix Court of Khaine, awesome unit. Attracts opponents big guns like you would not believe so work on a way to get it close and quickly! lol. Okay the formation as you already know is The Avatar of Khaine and all the phoenix lords. formation cost (150pts + the cost of the models), so around 1540pts in total if I remember rightly.
    Special Rules.
    Avatar becomes Eternal (Just as well considering all the D-strength weaponry out there)
    Avatar becomes immune to plasma. (Nice addition :p)
    Avatar gains an extra attack for every phoenix lord within 6 inches of him (meaning that on the charge he will have 11 attacks. This should finish off anything that the phoenix lords dont as the Avatar will strike last, Shame really, the phoenix lords are capabil of killing most units without needing the avatars help seeing as how the phoenix lords have 24 basic attacks at Ws7, I7. on the charge they'll have 30 attacks, so how much is going to survive before the avatar strikes?)

As Eric said before, you want the formation youll need to check out the book, Apocalpse Reloaded.
    All valid, except they don't all need to fight as the same unit, split the avatar off and attack something else that is nearby. Most apoc tables are normally crowded.

Just for giggles I also attach eldrad to this bunch to fortune the avatar and the PLs together as a big unit of ICs = rock hard
    -------------------
    Check out my Blog for my Biel-Tan Apocalypse progress

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/daziel/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Daziel View Post
    Do you know the issue number for the white dwarf with that formation?
    Not sure the Number off hand. It was last June or July, the same issue that had Expansion: Spearhead in it and the Night Spinner rules.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast