New Forgeworld for pre-order!!! Shadow Spectes, Warp Hunter! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

New Forgeworld for pre-order!!! Shadow Spectes, Warp Hunter!

I'm gonna pee myself over the Warp Hunter!
    Forge World

At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

Oh, and btw. They have the experimental rules for both up as well!
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

Disappointed in the Spectre rules, though the models are gorgeous. The Warp Hunter is both gorgeous and the rules are pretty sweet, for what seems to be a reasonable price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Im getting a unit, seams lika alot of fun!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

I don't mind the Spectre rules, myself. Seems like the Prism Lance should have the lance rule though. And I do wish the base range was 18 or that you could combine shots from individuals rather than all or none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x3)

Big Red and I were discussing it on BoLS:

"I'm kind of disappointed in the rules, or at least the cost per model. A squishy, slowish, short ranged unit that can't benefit from the protection of a Wave Serpent for 35pts a model? I suppose you can sit back and try to pop tanks with the Ghostlight but it's far from a guaranteed kill shot, and they're such a fragile unit. At least Reapers can park on the other side of the board and have a 3+ save. For the same points as a squad of Spectres with exarch and Cynosure, I'd rather have 6 dragons in a serpent."

"Exactly Archon,

The eldar already have better options for popping a tank at long range. The last thing they need is a slow moving aspect that kills tanks with no range. Dragons already do that, while Spiders have both mobility, heavier armor, and higher rate of fire mid-strength weapons.

So my real problem with the Spectres, is they dont do anything that the other Aspects already do better,and they are very pricy."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    So my real problem with the Spectres, is they dont do anything that the other Aspects already do better,and they are very pricy."
    true that. While deep striking them could be effective, they will most likely die quickly. And for 35pts/model...but I am very happy with the $ price. ~$54 for 5! I'm ordering the Warp Hunter and may hold off on the Shadow Spectres for now. But they are gorgeous looking models.
    Their rules are by no means written in stone. I say play test them (or not) and write in your concerns and suggestions. Lets make a push to have the final rules be a bit more attractive (and thus they will sell more models!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

Well the spectres could be ok if you used them right. Using the exarch you could get a 60 inch str 10 lance shot. Your glancing raiders on 2's pening on 3. With one squad casualtie to spare for still strength 10. Keep them fortuned and they may be some use in a foot slogger list if you keep them out of enemy's main firing range.

The Hunter is brilliant, You can Wipe out entire squads with that and it can deal with vehicals. Since it has instant death on a 6 it might be useful against some of the games bigger model units
    "Reached under the bed and pulled out a Converse and a beer, I appear to of developed the miraculous power to turn shoes into beer!.... or beer into shoes." - Fallen Autarch after St. Patricks day.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Wow i love them the models are so nice.

Quick question on end note on the warp hunter "Eldar Corsairs army." what they on about?
    Last edited by Gedderz; January 20th, 2011 at 00:21.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x3)

Very cool models, cool rules, way too much $$$. There ya go!

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast