Lilith doing things she shouldnt do. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lilith doing things she shouldnt do.

I thought i'd share a nice occurance with the people who frequent this forum.

Today I played against Tyranids in a 750 point game. Because I dont have many models yet I ended up using both Lilith and Urien.

So some fun things that happened:

Lilith assaulting a Hive Tyrant.
    Hive Tyrant has bone sword and whip.
    4 attacks - 1 for Lilith's hair. It only landed 1 hit which then failed to wound. (rolled a 1)
    Lilith's turn.
    Getting 7 attacks.
    Hitting with all 7.
    Needing 6s to wound rolled: 2, 2, 2, 4, 6, 6, 6.
    Tyrant takes 3 wounds with no armor saves.
    Tyrant loses combat by 3 but is fearless.
    Rolls 3 x 2+ armor saves. 6, 2 and a 1!

So happy days Lilith kills a hive tyrant in 1 round of combat. Lol. Then next turn assaulted, broke and cut down 4 ripper bases after scoring 5 wounds.

Otherside of the board Urien assaults a Trygon. Maybe not the smartest move ever but oh well.
    4 attacks hitting with 3.
    3 hits causing 2 wounds. (wounds on 3+ failed save = instant death)
    The blasted Trygon makes BOTH 3+ saves and Urien gets squished in 1 round due Trygon getting 6 attacks, hitting with all 6, having 3 negated by clone field, wounding with all 3 remaining attacks and, cos monsterous creatures dont allow armor saves EVER, no Feel No Pain save to save Urien.

So yeah. Urien failed to kill his thing, which i honestly expected him to be able to kill, and Lilith somehow managed to kill a Hive Tyrant that i only assaulted to keep it occupied.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That makes lelith "seem" awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still not sure how you are supposed to kill a Trygon Prime in a 750 point game. 6 attacks, 6 toughness, 6 wounds and a 3+ save? with Fleet? Maybe Urien was the right move. Still he is a bit expensive. Maybe if i can fit 2 Haemos with Flesh Gauntlets into the army and assault with both of them in 1 turn.

Its that or it soaks up 3 Ravagers worth of Dark Lance fire for 2 or 3 turns.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

At 750 points a trygon is a beast, but he can be brought down with some splinter fire and some ravager support. 10 warriors including a blaster and splintercannon jumping out of a raider to rapid fire the thing will deal 4 wounds on average to it, one round of lance fire from a ravager later than on average there should be no trygon.

As for lelith - i'm quite fond of her as she is one of the few special characters that truly gets the full mileage from power from pain (the others being drazhar and the decapitator). This makes her extremely dangerous to a significant portion of units in the game (plus once she gets furious charge she will mow through T3 models all day and T4 need to watch their back), though as a character killer I wouldn't want her to take on anything as meaty as a hive tyrant ideally.

Of course a great many declare her crap, typically people who just mathhammer her against a marine squad and declare her not awesome as she doesn't wtfpwn hundreds of marines in a single combat phase, but these are people who usually don't truly "get" the way DE work (which sadly can be quite a large amount of people :/ )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Have you tried a squad of wyches with a shardnet impaler and a hekatrix with agonizer? If the trygon doesn't have back up you'll tie it up for a few turns with a unit that's half its cost, letting you concentrate on other stuff. Or if you use the souped up version of 9 Bloodbrides with 3 shardnet impalers and syren with agonizer (or archon with huskblade etc. if you're feeling extravagant) you should be able to kill it pretty easily. Another alternative would be beastmasters, 4 BMs with 10 khymera and 4 razorwings should take it down in a turn or two, or massed splinter fire. But for competitive 750 I think wyches are the way to go.

Also are you using all comers lists? Because if you know you're going to play tyranids I'd consider using dissintegrators on your ravagers (unless he uses a lot of tyranid warriors), statistically they will cause more wounds on T6 than Darklances.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider View Post
    10 warriors including a blaster and splintercannon jumping out of a raider to rapid fire the thing
    Why would you jump out? I was under the impression that as long as you are within 12 inches you get to shoot twice with your rapid fire weapons regardless of weather they are in a vehicle or not. (Open topped only obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Orks View Post
    if you know you're going to play tyranids I'd consider using dissintegrators on your ravagers (unless he uses a lot of tyranid warriors), statistically they will cause more wounds on T6 than Darklances.
    Not sure this is accurate.

3 dark lances hit on 3s.
    2 hits wound on 2s = 2 wounds (most likely)

9 Disintegrator shots hit on 3s
    6 hits wound on 5s = 2 wounds

I know i'm theorycrafting with maths but it gives a reference point for comparisons.
    Last edited by Alessa Athorn; January 23rd, 2011 at 20:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding of DE is that we are supposed to break people in assault and chase them down. Unforunatly this doesnt really work against any kind of Space Marines (GKs, BAs, SWs etc) or Tyranids (synaptic creatures give themselves and everything within 12" fearless) because they are all fearless. Ok so being fearless means they might take more wounds but i'd rather be able to chase them down and massacre them properly.
    Last edited by Alessa Athorn; January 23rd, 2011 at 20:46.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alessa Athorn View Post
    Why would you jump out? I was under the impression that as long as you are within 12 inches you get to shoot twice with your rapid fire weapons regardless of weather they are in a vehicle or not. (Open topped only obviously).
    Because moving 6.01-12 inches in a raider means troops inside CANNOT shoot, so you have to disembark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Alessa Athorn View Post
    Because to move up and get into range you'll likely be going more than 6'', and units can't fire out of a transport if the transport moved more than 6''. Open-topped only affects the number of models able to shoot out of the vehicle.

3 dark lances hit on 3s.
    2 hits wound on 2s = 2 wounds (most likely)

9 Disintegrator shots hit on 3s
    6 hits wound on 5s = 2 wounds
    You're rounding heavily.

3 DL's = 1.6666667 wounds against a T6 MC.

3 Dissies = 2 wounds against a T6 MC.

Though as Bugs n Orks already pointed out, the DL is much handier against Warriors where it causes ID, and in a non-tailored list there's few instances I can imagine wanting the dissy over the dark lance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if my Raider moves 12 i can still disembark? Ok that doesnt make too much difference except it makes splinter racks pretty terrible. Not that they were very good to begin with. Dont even effect shardcarbines and splinter cannons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast