Haemonculus: Power Level - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How Powerful is the Haemonculus?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Crap!

0 0%
  • 2 OK, sometimes, I guess.

1 3.85%
  • 3 A solid choice.

6 23.08%
  • 4 An exceptional unit.

10 38.46%
  • 5 Put this in your army.

9 34.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Haemonculus: Power Level

This is part of a group of polls on how powerful various units are to help me in the writing of my new tactica. I am not going to post my opinions straight away as I don't want to influence people.

This poll is about the HQ choice Haemonculus. To get a better handle on what the voting scale represents you can read it in its entirety Here

Last edited by karantalsis; January 25th, 2011 at 17:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I voted a 4. For me personally it's a 5 but you can make plenty of competitive lists that don't have one (I just probably won't).

I like them because they're cheap, let me start units with pain tokens, and can take some of our cooler gadgets including WWPs. They can be a bit of a trap though because I often try to use too many or over equip them and then they can start eating up points. And they are easy Kill Points if you get careless with them.

All in all a great support HQ

edit: Also they make wracks troops
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Now we have a few more votes I will start commenting . I agree with you bugs, for me I always have one, but usually only 1, they give my main CC unit FnP and allow my wracks as troops and I do love my wracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked haemonculi in the old rules and Now with the extra pain token, I always take one. The Archon is generally twice the cost, I like to have a lot of scoring units and I don't like any of my units being too high points cost either. Not a fan of wracks though. Guess I just prefer my wyches.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too loved these. Then I'd take 6 and stick them on jet bikes (They made fantastic T5 shock troops! :-D ) Unfortunately, thats no longer possible. However, I still love them and tend to take 3 and use them to accompany two Wych units and have the third with a unit of Incubi.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by django View Post
    I too loved these. Then I'd take 6 and stick them on jet bikes (They made fantastic T5 shock troops! :-D ) Unfortunately, thats no longer possible. However, I still love them and tend to take 3 and use them to accompany two Wych units and have the third with a unit of Incubi.
    Thank you for a very good idea, now I use them for 3 wych units because I used to play Wych Cult but Incubi can also really use them to get more bang from your buck. Because they can really make that Furious Charge pay off...

Needless to say the Heamy is a must take unit for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran a Haemy for my first time today since the new dex came out. I equipped him with a liquifier, a flesh gauntlet and scissor hands and put him with 9 wyches with a heck with agonizer and hydra gaunts.

They ran out of my wwp on the last turn when all I had left was 1 warrior aquad and them. My opponent had 2 genestealer units and a winged tyrant with 2 wounds.

The Haemy blasted the first genes with the liquifier and they assaulted and won, My warriors died from the other genes so the Haemy and wyches did the same to that unit of genes. Then in my opponents frustration he made the mistake of assaulting my Haemy and wyches With 3 pain points on them. My Haemy insta deathed the tyrant with the flesh gaunts. They were the last models on the field.

It was a great victory for my Dark Eldar and I owe it all to my Haemy, Had I not run him with the wyches for that pain point, they would have died really fast by the first genes and the battle would have gone to the nids once again.

I change my vote to a 5 for these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran a Haemy for my first time today since the new dex came out. I equipped him with a liquifier, a flesh gauntlet and scissor hands and put him with 9 wyches with a heck with agonizer and hydra gaunts.

They ran out of my wwp on the last turn when all I had left was 1 warrior aquad and them. My opponent had 2 genestealer units and a winged tyrant with 2 wounds.

The Haemy blasted the first genes with the liquifier and they assaulted and won, My warriors died from the other genes so the Haemy and wyches did the same to that unit of genes. Then in my opponents frustration he made the mistake of assaulting my Haemy and wyches With 3 pain points on them. My Haemy insta deathed the tyrant with the flesh gaunts. They were the last models on the field.

It was a great victory for my Dark Eldar and I owe it all to my Haemy, Had I not run him with the wyches for that pain point, they would have died really fast by the first genes and the battle would have gone to the nids once again.

I change my vote to a 5 for these guys.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

I've been pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of the +Ancient upgrade too. With this, the haemy becomes a solid assaulter as well as an enabler.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Have added up the draft Haemie description for the tactica in the Unit Quality thread (see sig or OP) if anyone wants to look/comment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast