Wracks: Power Level - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How Powerful are the Wracks?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Crap!

1 6.25%
  • 2 OK, sometimes, I guess.

1 6.25%
  • 3 A solid choice.

5 31.25%
  • 4 An exceptional unit.

9 56.25%
  • 5 Put this in your army.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Wracks: Power Level

This is part of a group of polls on how powerful various units are to help me in the writing of my new tactica. I am not going to post my opinions straight away as I don't want to influence people.

This poll is about the Elite/Troops choice Wracks. To get a better handle on what the voting scale represents you can read it in its entirety Here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

If you have a Haemonculus (and why wouldn't you?) you should have two of these units in a Raider as troops choices. They hit hard and can take apart a full marine squad in two rounds on average. If you have a Haemonculus that's two pain tokens off the bat, by the end of Turn 3 they should be fearless and munching their way through your opponents battlelines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

I really want to start using a unit like this, but having to convert another squad of Dark Eldar (alot of my units are converted, like Mandrakes and Scourges) doesn't fit into my time table.

And why not use them?
    Together with a Heamy, they become Troop choices. They are one point more expensive than your regular Kabalite, and for this point they get Toughness 4,
    a slightly worse save, two poisoned weapons (+4) and one pain token to start the game with. Ok, no shooting weapon except for the liquifier,
    but when these boys charge, it doesn't matter who the target is, it's going to get hurt.

Anyone any conversion tips, or maybe know of a date these guys are going to get an official release?
    Last edited by Kantoken; February 6th, 2011 at 18:28. Reason: I hate spelling errors
    ------------------------------------
    Innovation suffuses this hobby like a tea bag in the boiling water of play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Currently using old mandrakes and/or warhammer ghouls for these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liquifier is amazing for it's cost, scares MEQ and termies causing mistakes. Wracks survive raider explosions and with hammie get reroll to wound vs MEQ. 27 Ws4 attacks, reroll to wound vs a tac squad for xxx points? Yes please! Guess who is fearless now. Downsides are possibly too Killy in aformentioned example but t4 and fnp helps, Acothyst upgrades are meh when loss of attacks are considered, no grenades and taking hammie means only nine in a raider so a liquifier is lost. Wish IC's didn't count against transport capacity. Wish they had a bloodbride/trueborn equivalent.

Currently using old grotesque models with old liquifier hammie models for well liquifiers.

Edit.. Didn't know if points were ok in that scenario.
    Last edited by artyle; April 22nd, 2011 at 08:25.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the middle of converting a unit of 10 to test them out. (I'm taking those wych heads with the full face visor and putting them on mandrake bodies, scraping off the glyps and the like and GSing studs and what not. Its working fairly well.) THey look good on paper though...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing a themed army where wracks are troops so modelling isn't an issue but I just got commissioned to do a unit of 10. I'm going to use Empire Flagellants, greenstuff the heads to match the codex appearance and throw on a mix of random arms/blades/tyrannic limbs.
    "LET'S COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR RUMBLING!" Mono-Tzeentch 1:1:1

+ Reply to Thread