Experimental Tank (original made in 3rd with VDR) Appoc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Experimental Tank (original made in 3rd with VDR) Appoc

Ok so i made a tank years ago only got about 50% of conversion finished but i recently got the parts to finish it and decied to bring it upto date for Appoc would like some help to work out points and maybe some special rules like formation to give it

Ok heres the tank

Greatwhite (onyl thing i came up with)
    Armour F13 S12 R10
    BS4 (targeting arry included)
    Twin Linked Rail Gun*
    Big Burst Cannon**
    Smart missile System
    Advanced Multi Tracker
    Targeting Array
    Disruption pod / field
    2 x Marker Drone (follow rules for gun drones on normal tanks)

* Twin Linked Railgun (needs a proper Name help required here)
    Range as normal
    Solid Shot S-D Ap1
    Submunition S6 Ap4 Appoc Barrage Both are ordinace

**Big Burst Cannon (also better name needed)
    R 24" S5 Ap5 Hv3 Rending

Advanced Multi Tracker Allows the Tank to Fire 1 weapon in aition to its Railgun if it didnt move.
    the Rail gun OR all its other weapons if it moves upto6"
    1 weapon if upto 12"

now this baby wieghed in at 350ish points back in the day when it was TL Rail gun but due to Appoc Rules and the added marker drones i was woundering if 400points would be fair as it can only be taken as part of a formation

xxx Pts + Models (need to sort the pts out)

Shark Pack
    1 GreatWhite
    2+ Hammerheads
    0-2 Skyray

Big Bang the Hammer heads if Equiped with a railgun can chosoe to add their Sub Mun round to the great whites adding +1 to the appoc barrage for every tank that does so

marker Lights work as normal here dont see a need to make them any differant

ok formation i was thinking maybe 100-150 pts + the models and with the great white at 400 thats 5-550 before we even start to buy the other tanks

hows thats ound to people

Over powered more points / toan it down abit
    if so where would you sugest the toan down or how many more points on eitehr the tank or formation.

Many thanks in advance hopping for some cool names for the weapons im kinda partial now to calling the the Greatwhite but if anyone knows of a prehistoric shark name that would work feel free to let me know i might change to it if its cool enough

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to have a tank with TL railguns, and just to add this sounds very familiar to the Tau super heavy SwordFish minus the drones and formation. However I do like the formation and submunition, Tau definitely needs something that can pound down hordes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greatwhite >>> WhaleShark (it sounds way too big to be a conventional shark)

Twin Linked Railgun >>> Particle Accelerator Rail-Canon(Parc) -A large twin barreled canon based off of the railgun design, this canon uses standard rail technology which fires 2 magnetic rounds bathed in particle fields that prevent/encourage magnetic reaction in most known subatomic substances, the rounds use each others magnetic and particle fields to prevent bonding to one another in mid flight and minimize shot deviation by causing the two rounds to constantly rotate around the firing line this looks similar to a double helix effect when the image is slowed down for visual observation.

Big Burst Cannon >>> Hyper Rotational Railgun (HR2-gun) - A rail gun modified for rapid fire using a multi-round rotational chamber, while its shot strength and range are diminished, it still has a slight edge over other high rate of fire weapons concerning its strength and benefits from both a very reliable rate of fire as well as accuracy.

*Those are some suggestions for names, and some BS fluff I pulled out of my @$$ to enplane em.

First of all I love this, as I love all of the tau's mechanized components; tanks, suits, etc..

However...

Im curious as to how all of this is mounted on said model (Im assuming your using the hammerhead chassis). I would assume the drones are mounted in the 2 side front mounts, also is the SMS an option or mounted elsewhere on the chassis? The same can be said for your two main guns, where are these located and also how can this tank handle all the Energy/Taupower demands needed by all of these weapons!?(fluff needed)

Basically I need to see a pic of this model to understand the mounting system you have devised.

Rules wise; I haven't read through the appoc rule book yet. As such, I dont have any solid opinions on the rules you have devised save one, "Shark pack" seems to side step the FoS, is this normal for appoc?

Overall it seems a tad bit overpriced, especially with all of the price reductions in 5th edition. A few clarifications on the above items and I can help a bit better.
    http://www.videogamevoters.org/
    Support you right to play video games, its for the greater good...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

sword fish? have to say i havent heard of that one which is kinda odd unless it was something from when i was in wales on working holiday 2000-2002 didnt get to play much my nearest hobby shop was about 80 miles away and i dont drive

tank.jpg I'll add some more pics when i can and as i start painting it i just need the drones now to finish it off.

Thanks for the names on the guns i'll swap to those im just working out one maybe two more rules for the formation then im gonna borrow some tanks from my orks (all looted wagons are hamemr heads devilfish skyrays) and playtest the formation against something of about the same size of my mates.

any help with the rules will be much appreciated when i re-post in a day or two with the new formation

Oh and can youlink me the swordfish please

Fluff wise its also using eperimental Engines its one of the rules im trying to iron out for the tank itself all though as its gonna undergo Battle testing the earth caste would say its engines are 90% ready so we shouldnt really see a problem there.

I modeled it with landing gear down when i get the next pics to upload I'll show the under side where i have mounted the SMS

The burst cannon is literaly just two stuck together once i have finished this im gonna work on my next idea (will also be experimental and well i'll list that one when i get this ones rules ironed out)
    Last edited by draghkar; January 27th, 2011 at 08:15.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

I have the third ed vehicle construction rules infront of me - chapter approved 2004. There is a twin linked railgun tau vehicle already in there, the 'Swordfish'.
    But it costs 260 freaking points...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem(cant sleep anyways right now) awesome pic by the way.

Looking at the picture I'd say ignore the "PARC" fluff for now since they would have to be combined or closer together to work out, although it still could feasibly work... your choice.

"Anti-gravity Particle Field Projectors(fluff)" -Placed on the bottom of the two main front "wings" of the chassis of the tank as well as 2 on either side of the cockpit this new experimental system is meant for the express use as a quick heavy/ordinance weapons platform, using an anti-gravity field as well as the new and improved engine system to control recoil from heavy weapons fire while on the move by using magnetic particle technology to create a stable buffer for the tanks anti-gravity projectors even over unstable terrain.

"Advanced Multi Tracker(vehicle, experimental)" -Created in unison with the "AGPFP" this system helps keep ALL weapons ready and able to fire even while moving at combat speeds.

Game rules: At the start of your turns shooting phase, you may roll a d6 and consult the chart below;

moved dice roll of 5+
    ==========================================
    0" all weapons!!!*
    1-6" all weapons or 1 ordinance weapon*
    7-12" all weapons*
    13"+ 1 weapon*

!!!:including ordinance weapons
    * :plus all defensive weapons
    On a result of a 1 the vehicle is able to fire only 1 weapon* if a 1 is rolled for moves above 12" the vehicle cannot fire at all.
    (the system glitched slightly or the system experienced some feed back lag while issuing automated prefire commands.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is what the swordfish looks like

and from my understanding it was originally a 40k epic model, this model here is just a conversion into normal 40k, other than the size looks pretty much the same.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

ok looks fairly similar only i have mounted the Sms under the hull to the front hadnt seen that before. although not supprised the beat me to it for Tl-rail gun

@Blood Seriph looks good buti dont quiet follow you

moved dice roll of 5+
    do you mean #" moved + dice roll = result on the table if so then that looks great if not then i must admit im a little stumped

Thanks for all the help keep it comming I'll luacnh my 2nd experimental tank early next week if we can wrap this one up soon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep up the good work, I'll look forward to see what the next tank is

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by draghkar View Post
    @Blood Seriph looks good buti dont quiet follow you

moved dice roll of 5+
    do you mean #" moved + dice roll = result on the table if so then that looks great if not then i must admit im a little stumped

Thanks for all the help keep it comming I'll luacnh my 2nd experimental tank early next week if we can wrap this one up soon
    Sorry its hard to keep the spacing intact and I was doing this through osmosis...

"Advanced Multi Tracker(vehicle, experimental)" -Created in unison with the "AGPFP" this system helps keep ALL weapons ready and able to fire even while moving at combat speeds.

Game rules: At the start of your turns shooting phase, you may roll a d6, on a 5+ gain the effect on the chart for the speed at which you moved during your move phase;

[Speed] [Effect]
    [Stationary][All weapons!!!*]
    [Combat] [All weapons or 1 ordinance weapon*]
    [Cruising] [All weapons*]
    [Flat Out] [1 weapon*]

!!!:including ordinance weapons
    * :plus all defensive weapons
    On a result of a 1 the vehicle is able to fire only 1 weapon* if a 1 is rolled for moves above 12" the vehicle cannot fire at all.
    (the system glitched slightly or the system experienced some feed back lag while issuing automated prefire commands.)

I re-posted all of the rules and fleshed them out a bit, hopefully its more understandable.

@Shockingcat : that is an interesting model, thanks for the link.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast