Initiating Hive Fleet Profile Initiative - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

Initiating Hive Fleet Profile Initiative

Greetings, fellow Cerebrates.

I've been giving something a think lately, and that thing is how when we here talk about army lists, what to take and what not to take, how to kit them out, and how to play them and such, the subject of what any given player actually owns or is willing to buy comes up at some point or another.

Of course, nobody is expected to remember all this about every person who posts here, and, in fact, nobody has to. Support for that kind of thing is easy enough to arrange, but then I found to my dismay that the Bio and Profile pages for Librarium Online's forums don't actually have the space to be putting up a lot of information of that nature.

A preexisting thread with everyone's updated army profiles for easy reference might simplify matters for all discussion when linked to from army list posts. Finally, I should think everyone here is proud enough of their armies to post their inventories somewhere, along with space enough for related fluff and such.

So, my question for everyone is this: is there such a feature here on LO, or an associated site? If not, would anyone here bite if I started something along that vein? And if I did start one, would it be most appropriate here, or on the Army List section, or some other section of LO?

I'm gauging interest right here and now-- I'd hate to start it and be the only one on it. :V

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

ARGH, How Emabrrassing

Earlier, when making my Hive Fleet Profile Initiative, LO wasn't responding every time I pushed the 'Submit New Thread' button. I tried refreshing the general board's page too, but I wasn't seeing my thread either, so I assumed it wasn't going through for some reason.

Now I come home and see that no less than SEVEN threads have been posted.

I'm just apologizing profusely to everyone right now for this. I really did NOT mean to spam the board with this. It's the LAST thing I want to do, given the nature of my original post GAH.

Have contacted an admin for thread deletions and edited said posts. If an admin is reading this right now, please delete all but one thread; I think I edited all but the earliest posted, the one with the most views too.

Thanks again, and sorry again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Excess thread have been deleted, remaining threads have been merged, PM has been replied to. Thank you very much for bringing this to out attention immediately, I hope the discussion flourishes.

~Lawman
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

So correct me if I am wrong, but basically you would like to get a profile of everyone's Tyranid army lists for reference, right?

If that's the case, then this is the army I currently use. I normally play at 2K, so I'll start off with my 2K list:

Hive Fleet Pandora 2K
    Swarmlord
    2x Tyrant Guards - Lash Whips - 130

3x Hive Guards - 150
    3x Hive Guards - 150
    2x Hive Guards - 100

Tervigon - Catalyst, Cluster Spines, Toxin Sacs - 185
    10x Termagants - 50
    10x Termagants - 50
    13x Genestealers - 182

3x Biovore - 135
    3x Biovore - 135
    Tyrannofex - Cluster Spines, Desiccator Larvae, Rupture Cannon - 265

Total - 1997

I've gone from a more assault-based tyranid army, with 3 trygons, to a more shooty-based build with a tyrannofex and biovores. This is because some of the most competitive builds out there are also some of the shootiest builds. These builds are what we call MSU armies, or Multiple-Small-Unit armies. They take min-sized squads and maximize on their offensive ones, whether it be shooting or assault (usually shooting). They tend to be vehicle heavy (as much as 12 vehicles at 2K) as well as KP-heavy. These type of lists will wipe out an assault-based tyranid army very easily, with the exception of an All-Reserves Tyranid build.

My army may have some problems against very assault-oriented builds, which is the reason why I take the Swarmlord and genestealers...as a counter-assault deterrent. They are mainly to protect the main army, but they also help the entire list by buffing up the army as well as providing another layer of threat that the enemy has to deal with.

Basically the whole army advances slowly while shooting. I don't really need to assault, as my biovores will deal with any disembarked infantry. 6 pie plates can do some serious damage to those unsuspecting. They are also great against space wolf long fangs...1 of the most devastating heavy support options currently in existence. Then when I get close enough, I unleash my Swarmlord and the genestealers. This army has the flexibility to deal with the shooty armies as well as the assault-based armies.

Though I haven't been playing 1.5K lately, if I had to go down to 1.5K, this is what I would use:

Hive Fleet Pandora 1.5K
    Swarmlord

2x Hive Guards - 100
    2x Hive Guards - 100
    2x Hive Guards - 100

Tervigon - Catalyst, Cluster Spines, Onslaught, Toxin Sacs - 200
    10x Termagants - 50
    10x Termagants - 50

3x Biovore - 135
    2x Biovore - 90

Total - 1500

Finally, at 2.5K, this is what I would probably use:

Hive Fleet Pandora 2.5K
    Swarmlord
    Hive Tyrant - Heavy Venom Cannon, TL-Devourers, Old Adversary - 235
    1x Tyrant Guard - 60

3x Hive Guards - 150
    3x Hive Guards - 150
    3x Hive Guards - 150

10x Termagants - 50
    10x Termagants - 50

Harpy - Cluster Spines, TL-Heavy Venom Cannon - 170
    Harpy - Cluster Spines, TL-Heavy Venom Cannon - 170

3x Biovore - 135
    3x Biovore - 135

Total - 2500
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

Not really what I had intended, but I'd say that posting the army lists that one actually uses would have been the next logical step.

Hrm. Not really too sure how else to elaborate; it may be one of those things easier to understand when actually seen. I think I have time to do that today, so I'll be going for explanation through demonstration then. Cheers.

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

So, you have a thread within the forum that we put our "Stock" of Nids up there? Either way im looking forward to the demonstration.

Fun Fact of the day: 43.7% of all statistics are made up right on the spot (Yes, in all of my posts im doing a fun fact now, to spice it up. It can be boring saying the same thing over)

Closed Thread