A turning point... (votewar) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

A turning point... (votewar)

The seers have come to you with disturbing news... an otherwise insignificant human world is under attack, but if left unchecked it could massively destabilise the balance of power in this sector, causing the rise of new players and a potential threat both to the craftworlds and exodite planets nearby. One of the skeins of fate implies that beneath the crust of this planet is an ancient weapon that must never see the light of day. The most beneficial course is obvious to both farseer and autarch alike - the Eldar must wipe this world clean, leaving the Imperium wary of resettlement and no-one else in control.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So anyone else here going to be a part of this? I am, but alas... I dare not enter Eldar and we need SOME representation.
    Yes as in the book.

And get dem Dragons out of dem Falcons! Downright embarisin sometimes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole thing just comes down to people's preferences rather than any kind of actual strategy. If SW don't win it outright then I bet will be Tau or something equally insipid. The idea that you submit a tourny list in addition to fluff doesn't make any sense at all. If you have a weak codex but well written fluff, how does that affect the outcome?
    My compiled thoughts blog.
    If someone posts something helpful +rep them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well to tell you the truth fluff works on a subconscious level. It really helps to have good fluff. Say for instance you have a Space Marine player versus a Chaos Space Marine player with relatively even lists. If the chaos player spent 3 hours creating really good fluff and the space marines took say twenty minutes, I can almost guarantee the chaos player will win in the competition. Even if the space marine player had a great list and the chaos player's list was just good, not great, the chaos player may win because of his reaaaaly good fluff, because that kind of stuff psychologically makes the voter want to pick his army to win.

Yes it does exclude some army's with horrible codexes, but don't normal games do that too? This is an attempt to play a virtual game without the need for costly models, judged by your peers.

Thats what I got out of this.
    Yes as in the book.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint me bitter then, I always get dismissed the moment I start putting things down on the table. So far I got a 2-6-3 WDL ratio in real games beyond practice games or ones where I'm teaching others to play. It doesn't matter how well or how poorly you play, with Eldar it's an uphill battle and not helped by the old joke whenever a new codex come out "how many avatars died this time?".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but did you look at some of the finished Votewar competitions? In more than a few of them Eldar got to the finals if not won.
    Yes as in the book.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the same as eldar sometimes do reach the finals and win RL tournaments. In the thread that's linked in OP I mentioned it marginalised 4 armies give or take... how many votewars have been won by necrons or Tau? What about nids or BT?

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

I have only ever seen votewars here being run as 500 points or ages ago. Before the nids got their update, and we all know the bugs aren't to flash and low point levels. (My 2 cents)

So I am just saying with this amount of points it will be more balanced then before.

Fun fact of the day- General Macauthar was the coolest general ever.
    Last edited by Hive Fleet Macarbe; February 3rd, 2011 at 07:09.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point was is that the armies I just mentioned have practically 0 personality. If the competition isn't simply submitting a list then making a few judgements based on big GT results or whatever, then making a 50/50 split between presumed TT effectiveness as well as written accounts of the army.. you've indirectly penalised those forces without even trying. And there's more too but those are quick examples from seperate races I can list right now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

You need to re-read the rules - fluff is to deal with ties, and because I'm a big fan of story. It has no effect on the actual individual rounds.

If you feel a codex is so weak it's not worth entering with, or that it has no personality, that's your problem and not mine - and I hope you get beaten by the army you find worthless. This is for you to add your own story, not copy GWs.

It's for fun and a few low value prizes. Don't make out it's the end of the world if a codex or two is less competitive here. As I said in the main thread, enter or do not enter - there is no whinge. You don't seem to be able to cope with that. If I see you posting more waa-waa-waa posts I just won't accept any list from you at all, then you can cry as much as you like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast