Succubus: Power Level - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How Powerful is the Succubus

7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Crap!

1 14.29%
  • 2 OK, sometimes, I guess.

4 57.14%
  • 3 A solid choice.

2 28.57%
  • 4 An exceptional unit.

0 0%
  • 5 Put this in your army.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Succubus: Power Level

This is part of a group of polls on how powerful various units are to help me in the writing of my new tactica. I am not going to post my opinions straight away as I don't want to influence people.

This poll is about the HQ choice Succubus. To get a better handle on what the voting scale represents you can read it in its entirety Here

2. Remove Advertisements

Under your bed; or in your closet.
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Only a bit more expensive than the Archon, but comes with her own combat drugs, and has an even higher WS and I. Ok, she also has a lower Ld.
    The Succubus is no Independent Character killer, but loves to kill loads of infantry or the occasional tank.
    No Huskblade? No WWP? No Clone field, no Shadow field, no Soul trap?

A high Weapon skill and lots of attacks mean that you get to kill enemies the old fashioned way. No insta-kill Husk attacks, just plain old hitting and wounding. In my opinion, this means the Succubus is a more expensive version of the Hekatrix. Who proves me wrong? 'Cause I get the feeling I'm overlooking something.
    Last edited by Kantoken; February 8th, 2011 at 13:26. Reason: Silly punctuation :-(
    Innovation suffuses this hobby like a tea bag in the boiling water of play.

Leuven, Belgium
    4 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

42 (x1)

I second you Kantoken and no I don't think you have overlooked something.

I vote 3 because she is solid as long as you pit her in cc with MEQ or worse, avoid ST 6+ opponents because she only has a 4++. She brings a lot of attacks at an insane high I. This is why I'm trying out the Electro-corrosive whip. I think she is the ideal bearer of this weapon because she has a very high number of attacks.

I know this is not nearly reliable but I'm fed up with only dishing out 1 wound per cc turn with the Agoniser, so...

2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

30 (x1)

Comparing the Archon vs the Succubus here's what we get:
    Archon has 1 higher BS, Ld, & Save
    Succubus has 1 higher WS & I

Honestly how much does the initiative/WS make a difference when Archon already has a 7. Not that much since even Genestealers have a 6. Now Ld makes a huge difference especially if you lose combat, BS is awesome for rerolling failed shots, and the save is good especially against shooty opponents. Plus the archon gets the much needed wargear of a clone field/shadowfield. I really think this wargear option is the dealbreaker on the Succubus compared to the archon.

+ Reply to Thread