Trygon/Harpy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trygon/Harpy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trygon/Harpy

I'm thinking of converting one of my Trygon a bit and using some magnets so I can switch it off between itself and a Harpy whenever I need it. I want to use a Trygon rather than a fex because:
    1: My fexes are either converted into Tervigons or a Tyrannofex.
    2: I think fexes are too small and a large harpy would look awesome.
    So what do you think?
    Also, if anyone has seen any pics of this done can you link or post them. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have actually been trying to figure this out for a while also. Just type in tyranid harpy in google images. It should come up with a bunch of pictures for you to get ideas from. Also look on ebay. Sometimes you can find some sweet pictures there too. Right now there is a guy making custom harpies to anyone's specifications. He has a bunch of pictures of different harpies he has made for people. You could maybe get them from him if you wanted. I think they were 75 bucks apiece. Although that would take a lot of the fun out of it.
    Lets rage!

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

My mate posted this up on dakka forum. DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40K Forums - Nids: Harpy Conversion It looms amazing (Even better painted) It was originally a trygon.

Edit: Sorry. It was actually a carnifex. XD
    Last edited by Hive Fleet Macarbe; February 9th, 2011 at 07:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

Why not use both? That's what I did. One of the things I like best about the Nids is how interchangeable their bits typically are. I didn't buy a whole Fex and Trygon kit for my two Harpies like I did for my Tervigon, but I had so many leftover bits all I really had to do was EBay a Fex body and a Trygon tail.

http://meistin.org/warhammer/IMG_0548.JPG
    http://meistin.org/warhammer/IMG_0550.JPG
    http://meistin.org/warhammer/IMG_0551.JPG

Most of all I wanted a Harpy that looked aerodynamic, so to get that effect, I used two of the Fex armour plates and put them on the top and bottom of a Fex head to make it look like a giant bullet or missile. I used the spiny ones too, so now it has Cluster Spines. I used the medium Trygon/Mawloc Scything Talons for its upper arms, and the rest are regular large talons from the MC arms sprue. I chopped up a large Trygon talon to make the end of the tail. What's probably not so visible is the Warrior torso I turned around and used as the abdomen, where the Fex body and the Trygon tail meet. I printed out insect wings from a template I found, laminated them, and magnetized them for painting and transport.

So now I have a Harpy that 'looks like a Trygon', as the fluff says, but smaller to reflect how it is relatively frail, and with the aerodynamic look I wanted. Easy enough to duplicate too, so I have two.
    Hive Fleet Papillon Inventory Profile

Ad majorem Dei gloriam

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Wow, Mads! That's terrific.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

Thanks!
    Hive Fleet Papillon Inventory Profile

Ad majorem Dei gloriam

+ Reply to Thread