Transporting your models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transporting your models

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty transporting my entire Dark Eldar army around aswell as other armies to boot.

My army includes 6 Raiders and 3 Ravagers which currently reside in a toolbox padded out with foam so they don't get broken. But this means that I have to carry about the toolbox with my vehicles in. It also means that the infantry have also be carried around in one of the large sized GW carry cases, which also holds another army.

Primarily a problem with my Dark Eldar army but also with some others such as Daemons, Tyranids and Dark Elves due to the amount of large creatures they have. My idea was to just switch the large stuff out of one toolbox each time I go to my local club and leave the rest on top of my shelf and then trade them in whenever I want to use them.

I also use two of the large GW carry cases to transport the infantry and which between them holds the 4 armies.

Dark Eldar and Dark Elves in one case. Daemons, with modified foam because they have less infantry and the bloodcrushes fit in there and Tyranids.

All in all it's a lot of swapping this and that and it's becoming quite a hassle.

I was just wondering how everyone else transports there stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I magnetize everything. The flying bases, the side turrets on the ravagers, the sails and lance weapons on the vehicles, and the bottom of each model. I bought a steel toolbox and although I'm running out of room in my toolbox, it's awesome. I've managed to be able to hold everything I need - including the codex, templates, tape measure, and dice. It requires some additional work and some brainstorming, but it's well worth it. Oh, and having a dremel makes things A LOT quicker.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by stuck804 View Post
    I magnetize everything. The flying bases, the side turrets on the ravagers, the sails and lance weapons on the vehicles, and the bottom of each model. I bought a steel toolbox and although I'm running out of room in my toolbox, it's awesome. I've managed to be able to hold everything I need - including the codex, templates, tape measure, and dice. It requires some additional work and some brainstorming, but it's well worth it. Oh, and having a dremel makes things A LOT quicker.
    doesn't that slow u down? i mean, having to get magnets, then working out where to attach them, then glueing the right size in the right place! must be annoying!

+ Reply to Thread