Necron Lord, re-rolled WWBB? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron Lord, re-rolled WWBB?

Your necron lord, for whatever reason has been killed the turn before while he was apart of a squad eligible for teleportation via the monolith portal. If the WWBB role if failed, can you grant him another chance by pulling his squad back through the portal just like other necrons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

He is a "Necron," so yes. If he was part of that squad when he was killed, as per the rules for Independent Characters, then he can be pulled through the Monolith along with them and get his WWBB roll. Remember that without a phylactery, he only gets a single wound returned when he makes WWBB.
    House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrokitty View Post
    He is a "Necron," so yes. If he was part of that squad when he was killed, as per the rules for Independent Characters, then he can be pulled through the Monolith along with them and get his WWBB roll. Remember that without a phylactery, he only gets a single wound returned when he makes WWBB.
    And thus part of the question. I want to agree he would be able to be pulled, but the issue where our codex mentions they are battlefield debris...he's kind of his own squad again...although I suppose coherency may cause the argument. I agree with you and feel yes he could be pulled. But I think that's where his question comes from...
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Well, the rule says that "any models in the unit that failed their WBB roll....etc", and the Lord would only resort to IC status if he had been left standing, so I would say yes - he was part of the unit originally so he should be permitted the same second opportunity.

It would be a rare occurrence though to have the Lord reduced to few enough wounds in order for him to be taken out with the squad, unless he joined it with only 1-2 wounds remaining. Either that or someone has had the most fantastically brilliant to-hit and to-wound dice rolls!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    Well, the rule says that "any models in the unit that failed their WBB roll....etc", and the Lord would only resort to IC status if he had been left standing, so I would say yes - he was part of the unit originally so he should be permitted the same second opportunity.

It would be a rare occurrence though to have the Lord reduced to few enough wounds in order for him to be taken out with the squad, unless he joined it with only 1-2 wounds remaining. Either that or someone has had the most fantastically brilliant to-hit and to-wound dice rolls!

E.
    I would imagine it was due to the lord being assaulted and killed since he can be singled out in CC. That happens often enough. But i like your thought process on it.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Looking at it from the CC point of view that you've mentioned there, the Lord would still be part of the unit anyway since he cannot leave it until the Movement Phase, and although he is singled out in CC the results of the combat would include his wounds as well as the unit's as a whole. Thanks for the compliment on the thought processes too!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread