New Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Eldar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

New Eldar

hi everyone. I am a sisters of battle player that won a tourney and was able to get a few models from the store. since witch hunter stuff was not an option i opted to get eldar because i like the fluff and my wife likes the look of them (trying to get her involved and playing the game)

I was wondering if i could get some advice about my sequence of purchases. I got a box of harlequins and a dark eldar lelith hespax that i could use as Jain Zar. What would be a good set up for say a 1000pt list so i know what i need to get?

p.s. i know my spelling sux

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd recommend buying a battleforce or two.

Two battleforces + one box of Banshees + one Farseer, and you've got yourself a nice yet cheap Eldar army.

If you do that, I'd recommend converting the Guardians into Storm Guardians, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal Carrot View Post
    I'd recommend buying a battleforce or two.

Two battleforces + one box of Banshees + one Farseer, and you've got yourself a nice yet cheap Eldar army.

If you do that, I'd recommend converting the Guardians into Storm Guardians, though.
    Yes just as Illegal Carrot says, a battle box or two is a definate good start. After that you should go for any of these units:

Howling Banshees
    Fire Dragons
    Striking Scorpions
    Fire Prisms (Or perhaps a Night spinner, the rules for night spinners are able to be downloaded off of GW website, they are not in the current codex)
    Wraithlords
    An Autarch (Prince Yriel of Iyanden is also a good choice.)

Units you should stay away from till you've got a balanced army:
    Wraith Guard
    Shining Spears
    Dark Reapers
    Heavy Weapon Support Platforms (These are the Heavy support choices not the ones that come with guardian squads)
    Swooping hawks
    Vypers

There are other units that are not mentioned in these lists as they fall some where in the middle of what not to buy at first and what you should. I hope this was helpful.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Wave Serpents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, 2 battleforces and a farseer.
    Yes as in the book.

And get dem Dragons out of dem Falcons! Downright embarisin sometimes.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Well, the others are giving you good advice from ground zero, but I figure you might want to, you know, actually use the models you have.

Also getting your wife in the hobby can be worth a lot. In that case you may want to just let her pick some stuff out herself. Which she might do based on looks, which isn't all bad since it'll help if she actually enjoys the painting and stuff, but might disagree with advice given here. For example swooping hawks have a look about them, but they're, well, not so good.

Anyway for a quick 1000 based on what you have if you wife doesn't have a strong opinion, maybe go for two boxes of banshees, the battleforce, a death jester, and a falcon. That'll get you to 1000.

+ Reply to Thread