Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ok so i wrote a list, for 1200 pts of eldar for our saturday night hobby store tourney and this is what ive got
HQ- Farseer, jetbike, fortune, singing spear 118 pts
Troops- 10 Dire avengers, exarch, pow wep shimmer shield, defender 252 pts
10 Gaurdians, warlock, conceal, sining spear, shirikun cannon 128 pts
5 jetbike gaurdians, warlock coneal 170 pts
Elites - 10 howling banshees, exarch, mirror blade, acrobatic
Heavy support - Fire Prism (vanilla) 115 pts
4 dark reapers 140pt
This is esactly 1200 pts, I play to place the farseer with the jetbike gardians. I am a fantasy lizardmen player with some experince in 40k (have a few necrons and nids) I want this list to be able to adapt depending on my opponent and have a solution to everything, this list seems to have the best options for me and I would like to know what you pros think.
This lis will cost me apx $680 AUD from GW online.
Welcome to Eldar! uhm the first thing I think you should know is that because eldar troops and what not are so fragile, you need proper protection for them.
1. Guardians have 5+ armor almost every weapon ignores that
2. Banshees all have power weapons so everyone will probably shoot them so they need a wave serpent too
3. Dire Avengers just need one
4.Dark Reapers need an exarch to be effective
5. Take Runes of Warding on your farseer it might seem useless sometimes but if your enemies have psychic powers you'll be thankful
6. Generally you need two fire prisms.
I wrote a list that I would personally use and has been quiet effective
Runes of Warding, Fortune
Fire Dragons (5x)
Wave Serpent (spirit stones, Shuriken cannon)
Dire Avengers 10x
(Exarch, Bladestorm, 2 catapults)
Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, EML)
4x Jet bikes with warlock
2x Fire Prisms with spirit stones
that comes to $615 AUS before tax so it should save you some cash (yes i did the money for you XD)
Anyway, to start off with I'd like to comment on some of Fombats info.
1) Yes Guardians have very, very poor armour but a warlock with conceal will give you a constant 5+ cover save. If your going to go Guardians I advise Storm Guardians, they are more flexible and effective than their Defender Counterparts.
2) Banshees are well known for their devestating strike in CC and if your opponent locates them they will be one of their prioity targets. If you can run them in transport otherwise make sure they are going to get a cover save by running them behind another squad.
3) Dire Avengers, our best troops choice for effectiveness compared to their points cost but are highly over rated. I have on many an occassion done more damage with my storm guardians because the Storm guardians are better in CC, can take fusion guns making them effective against vehicles and with a warlock a S9 weapon against Vehicles in CC makes them versatile but as stated in 1), they are really easy to kill.
4) Dark reapers DON'T need an Exarch to be effective because the Exarch abilities affect the Exarch only so your just as well buying an extra Dark Reaper than bothering to get an Exarch and tool him up.
5) Runes of Warding are the bane of Phykers everywhere. The best Anti-phyker defence in all of 40K.
6) If your going to take Fire Prisms you should take at least two because of their ability to link their shots, but I'd sooner have a squad of warwalkers or a wraithlord. Wraithlords are very effective at this point level but tend to faulter when the games go above 1500pts.
Try this list on for size.
Farseer - Runes of Warding, Doom
Dire Avengers x6
Exarch with Dual Catapults, Blade Storm.
TL EML, SS
Storm Guardians x10
Warlock with Enhance, 2 fusion Guns (Trade for flamers if you prefer but this gives you a little bit more Antitank capabilities)
TL EML, Spirit stones
Howling Banshees x 10
Exarch with Executioner (Or mirror swords, they both cost the same but I prefer the +2S) Acrobatics
TL Shuriken Cannon, SS
Total Points = 1198pts
You now have a list that has a bit of everything and is fast moving allowing you to redeploy quickly to react to your opponents army. You can tweak the points a bit to boost the Dire Avenger Squad a bit, Take out the Warlock from the guardian unit and you can get an extra 3 DAs.
Your Farseer can now run with your DAs or Banshees DOOOOOMMMMM!!!!ing everything that comes near them. Just remember you CAN cast DOOM from inside a WaveSerpent. Once I learned this fact it made my life a whle lot easier when I was learning to play Eldar.
And on a final note this Thread should have been posted in the Army list section. Best of Luck!
I actually gave them a wave serpent (howling banshees) i forgot to put it in when i wrote it up.
Your list should look something like this:
farseer w/ doom+runes warding, 2 squads of 10 Dire avengers w/exarch, bladestorm, dual catapults, both with wave serpents with missile launchers and spirit stones. 2 prisms, banshees or fire dragons, packed in a wave serpent.
Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
Grey knights - 1000 Points
Personally, I prefer Mirror Swords on my Banshee Exarch because Doom makes the bonus strength become less useful. Yes, it's an almost guaranteed wound, but I have a good chance to cause MORE wounds with Doom+Swords.
Also, Wraithlords in 1500 or less are just devastating.
40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)