Your Own Aspect Warrior - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Own Aspect Warrior

If you could make your own aspect warrior what would it do and what would it look like?

Hold the line here ... we are the last line for our future...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

it would be a combination of the scorpions biting blade strength attacks, coupled with the Banshees power weapons. name? that's hard.... stricking shadows with the scorpions armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I've actually never thought about this. Normally I think we already have enough different aspects, they just need tweaking to all become good choices. I think we are really lacking in ranged aspects, but I keep getting a vision of a CC oriented one. Something like... well, I can't think of any good names so I'll just throw one out there, Elusive Asps...

Anyhow, my idea was to give them a very high WS (at least 5, preferably more), and then have the enemy take a wound every time they miss in CC, with the same characteristics that they attacked with. So if someone misses you with a powerfist at S8 they take a power weapon wound back at S8 for each miss. They should have a 4+ save, or possibly some kind of 4+ dodge/invul. in CC and a 5+ save against ranged attacks, this to represent them sacrificing armour for speed. They shouldn't have many attacks though, 1 each and no dual wielding or anything like that, maybe even having them be completely unarmed to represent them using some fighting style like aikido, turning their enemies weapons against themselves. High initiative, but just regular S3 attacks. They should naturally have Fleet of Foot.

The Exarch can buy wargear to give the squad defensive and offensive grenades, or at least something that counts as that. The Exarch can also buy a melta bomb as his wargear, which will automatically hit walkers if the walker misses any attacks (one meltabomb hit for each miss).

A power for the Exarch would let him take out when enemy from the combat, similar to the Tyranid Broodlords hypnotic gaze, but no LD rolls, the Exarch instead sacrifices his attacks to do this. A second power could be to disallow any rerolls to hit for opponents in CC.

I think that might be a usable unit, with a slightly new mechanic and reasonably good against most opponents.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

How about a War Walker Aspect?
    With better BS and perhaps armor upgrade (say 11/11/10). Exarch powers could be something like, Tank Hunters or Crack Shot (for the entire squad).
    Actually, just add an Exarch to the Wasp Assault Walkers and that would be pretty darn perfect!
    Oh, and make them Troops or Fast Attack (anything but Heavy!)
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

An Aspect unit huh? Well Id say other than an Aspect that can take EMLs and have relentless, Which I'm going to drop since they'd end up in our already over filled Heavy support section, Id go for a CC unit with Prefered enemy and a 4+ invunerable save while in close combat.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    How about a War Walker Aspect?
    With better BS and perhaps armor upgrade (say 11/11/10). Exarch powers could be something like, Tank Hunters or Crack Shot (for the entire squad).
    Actually, just add an Exarch to the Wasp Assault Walkers and that would be pretty darn perfect!
    Oh, and make them Troops or Fast Attack (anything but Heavy!)
    Huh. Well, your wish is forgeworlds command. Roughly
    Forge World - ELDAR WASP ASSAULT WALKER

As for myself I think I'd like to see a defensive aspect for our dying race, it should be troops. For gear they'd just have a shuri pistol and some sort of shield that doesn't give them an extra attack, but gives them an all around 5+ invul save.. They'd weigh themselves down with 3+ armor that contains advanced life support systems giving them the feel no pain special rule. For exarc powers I'd give them something that assists with leadership tests, and the other makes their cover save if they go to ground improve by three isntead of one. For gear they could take a shuri cannon, fusion pistol, or a CC weapon that reduces an enemy models attacks by one instead of their regular pistol.

I don't think such a unit should be too expensive.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenS View Post
    it would be a combination of the scorpions biting blade strength attacks, coupled with the Banshees power weapons. name? that's hard.... stricking shadows with the scorpions armour.
    Let me guess, you'd like them to have fleet too... this does kind of make the Scorpions and the Banshees redundant as you've 'invented' a unit with both of their strengths but neither of their weaknesses.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

I remember a little something from 2nd edition - the slicing orbs of Zandros.
    Don't recall any information on them being released but they could easily be tie you up in combat/wound you on X/why arn't I in the DE codex kind of models.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Let me guess, you'd like them to have fleet too... this does kind of make the Scorpions and the Banshees redundant as you've 'invented' a unit with both of their strengths but neither of their weaknesses.
    isn't that the point of the thread?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenS View Post
    isn't that the point of the thread?
    Well I thought it was about making an interesting unit that fits in with the rest of the force, not making the ultimate cheese unit.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast