Colour Scheme Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a little problem here. I can't decide on a cool colour scheme, so I thought I'd ask you guys which one looks the best. There are three different colour schemes which are -

1 : A codex one - Black flesh with white carapaces and red stripes on the carapaces.

2 : A codex one - Shadow Grey Flesh and Fortress Grey Carapace (the blueish type).

3 : Made Up(Uh oh! :blink: ) - Mix of Half-White Half-Enchanted Blue flesh and 2/3 White 1/3 Enchanted Blue Mix.

These are the three colour schemes. Tell me what you guys think!

"If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Now you hit the hardest part of nids, the colour scheme. I got my first nids nearly a year ago and I still haven't managed to find one I like much, so I'll be watching this topic.

Dark colours seem to look better than light colours. I am currently thinking of painting them all black with glow in the dark paint on the eyes. That should look pretty cool, if I can manage to highlight the black well enough...
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a scheme I made up too...

Flesh: half goblin green half snakebite leather
    Carapace: half bronze flesh half mithril silver

although as an experiment the other day I dry brushed over the carapace after I'd painted it with skull white...looks kinda cool...also looks kinda like a glazed donut...

I kinda like the blue Idea...as an aside if you basecoat with enchanted blue and either lightly drybrush or just dilute some Snakebite Leather on top...it turns into a nice green with brown highlites...but make sure you get enough brown otherwise it turns a dark turquoise, which looks bizzare with my scheme anyway. you might want to try it for your flesh tone with the blue scheme. hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, out of the 3 options you gave, I think that the Black Flesh, White Carapace sounds the coolest, IMHO.

I've decided on a different scheme for my fleet: orange flesh w/ black carapace. The carapace has yellow highlight/blobs/blotches (reminds me of certain beetles).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gzilladog+Oct 6 2004, 092--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gzilladog &#064; Oct 6 2004, 092)</div><div class='quotemain'> Well, out of the 3 options you gave, I think that the Black Flesh, White Carapace sounds the coolest, IMHO.
    [/b]

Wouldn&#39;t that look a bit too SW Stormtrooper-ish?

<!--QuoteBegin-gzilladog
    @Oct 6 2004, 092
    I&#39;ve decided on a different scheme for my fleet: orange flesh w/ black carapace. The carapace has yellow highlight/blobs/blotches (reminds me of certain beetles).
    [/quote]
    To go with my fire-based strain of Nids, I have a thinly brown washed bone for skin with red sinewy bits and orange-to-yellow fade on the armor plates/claws/etc. I decided to paint the head genestealer purpleso it stands out and will also tie into my standard GS blue with purple heads. .

I&#39;ll try to get some pictures up in the Showcase section when I get a chance.
    <span style='color:orange'>And the lands shall burn from horizon to horizon.
    Just as the sun cannot be prevented from rising,
    Neither can the inevitable be halted or avoided.
    Hive Fleet Infernus shall scorch all worlds in its path.
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Color scheme is black flesh highlighted with godex grey. Carapaces are red gore highlighted with blood red. They look very frightening. I recently changed color schemes. It was a pain. That&#39;s my new one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My color schema is blue/blue ink for skin and brown/red for caparace :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m dark purple flesh, red carapace with blending out to bleached bone at the tips of talons and teeth...

Member Brother Captain Shadow Dragon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Camo green on the flesh high lighted with 3/4 camo green and 1/4 skull white and then a thinner highlights of 50-50 camo green and skull white. The arnour, STs, claws, and anything else not flesh gets a fully painted drak flesh then with 7 other colors up to skull white they get streaked from top to bottm. Looks cool. Will through pics up as soon as I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Fast and Deadly@Oct 6 2004, 08:30

1 : A codex one - Black flesh with white carapaces and red stripes on the carapaces.
    [snapback]224371[/snapback]
    this one is definately the best, i tried around 20 differant schemes and this was the best, but change the white to fortress grey, and use red gore rather than blood red, it&#39;s darker and so it goes with the black better, and on the BIG things, paint the same patterns(the red things on the plates) in black but smaller and inside the red ones, it looks so cool&#33;
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast