Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grey Knights

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Knights

I might be wrong but from the looks of things this might be a bad match up...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Without a doubt. Im going to be keeping my banshees close. But its hard to say till we get those armies actually on the board against us. Either way it shall be interesting.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by fombat View Post
    I might be wrong but from the looks of things this might be a bad match up...
    Based on what?
    The risk/reward of using psychic powers is heavily slanted against a GK player with runes of warding on the board, and their core units are less dangerous in close combat against more lightly armoured opposition than their predecessors (barring wargear or changes to the rules since the pdf).
    They can't shut down farseers half as well before either, and if ever there was a high cost target for the new warp hunter...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Farseer + RoWard is now almost essential against GK, but let's face it Guide and Fortune won't be hampered by their psychic resistance so it's only really Doom or Destructor that won't work as well. You've nothing to worry about, at least not compared to the OLD GK.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    You've nothing to worry about, at least not compared to the OLD GK.
    Now the non-gk units on the other hand...
    Apparently the cheap-ish Coteaz is quite happy leading a vast mob of scoring lascannon, heavy bolter, and multimelta robots and chimps - as in 60+ robots with 36" range multimeltas, rending heavybolters, and/or power armour plus a half dozen lascannons. In a 1000 point list, with serious protection from deepstrike/outflanking, and all scoring.
    Though this may be kyboshed somewhat by mindlock.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Don't believe the hype. The new GK's will be decent, just like the new BA. However, cost and size is still against them just as before. What you're going to have to worry about, as AT pointed out, is Corteaz in competitive GK lists. Imagine for only 100pt, you get a scoring unit with 3 special weapons (meltas or plasmas) in the new chimeras. Yes, the new GK's can spam the cheapest special weapons units in the whole game.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

After all is said and done, they still die to a prism tank or a nightspinner, the same weapons as before will work now.

Not the best matchup, but it shouldn't be impossible by a long shot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Any unit of paladins will cringe when two fireprisms show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

I actually think Eldar are uniquely positioned to be quite well off against the new GKs. As everyone's already pointed out, Runes of Warding which are already a staple item are ridiculously good against GKs, Banshees are one of the few units that aren't going to care about I6 power weapon marines, and nothing about their increased points costs really gives them any advantage against Eldar over regular SM. Their S7 assault cannon spam is kind of scary, but much of their AT is limited to 24'', and a wave serpent going flat-out should be reasonably able to weather the fire for a turn to get into position.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

I'll just do what I always do against Space Marine armies......Dark Reaper them off the board (I have no tanks).
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast