Starting Iyanden - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

With the last 4 armies I've "decided" to do failing, I finnally think I've got the one I like so I'm wondering if this is good?

1 Farseer
    4 Warlocks (Go with farseer)
    10 Wraithguard
    2 Wraithlord

Now I need advice on what else to get. :hmm:

Thanks

Battle record.
    W/D/L
    Ultramarines:6/0/1
    Orks: 4/0/1
    World eaters:1/0/2
    O & G: 5/0/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1. y have 4 warlocks?!? when i play, they just sit around and do nothing. 4 warlocks is 2 more than u need, thats like $14 that could be used for sumthing else

#2. are the 10 wraithguard 1 squad?? make it 2 squads of 5. (important!- if u already have the warlocks, assign each wraithguard squad a warlock, it reallly helps)

#3. o yeah-wat u should get-hmmm-stricking scorpians might help for anti-tank, shininng spears realy help for flanking the enemy, falcons are always a useful, too.

#4 just a tip-when you play, try to get your opponent to play with as much cover as possible, with 12'' guns, those wraithguard might take a couple turns to let them dish out some damage

#5 plz dont suck! eldar players are supposed to own the battlefield

#6 really pay attention to the stats of what ur buying, for example, when i first started an eldar army, i got some guardians. Sure they are supposed to be he infantry of eldar, but they kinda suck really badly. wriathguard, onthe other hand have S5, T5!!!! i mean come on those are awesome stats! with the 3+ armor save, our enemies will have a hard time killing these things. they each cost 35 points, so dont think that maxed-out squads are the best. - iyandenrools

no really they are awesome. remember-the eldar are good at somethings-speed, aspect warriors, and HQ. remember that eldar armies shouldnt be speailized on long range shoot-em-up armies. If you fight tau, ur screwed. no, really! PPPSSS.())()()()()-- ELDAR NEED STRATEGY! DONT JUST RUSH EM, TRY TO THINK WHEN PLAYING!!!!!!!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#6 really pay attention to the stats of what ur buying, for example, when i first started an eldar army, i got some guardians. Sure they are supposed to be he infantry of eldar, but they kinda suck really badly. wriathguard, onthe other hand have S5, T5!!!! i mean come on those are awesome stats! with the 3+ armor save, our enemies will have a hard time killing these things. they each cost 35 points, so dont think that maxed-out squads are the best. - iyandenrools

Thats a pretty ignorant statement. guardians are awesome in the hands to experienced and good eldar players. with a statement like that, u seem not to be. with a 5+ cover save (warlocka nd conceal) heavy weapon that can move and fire, and 2 shots a pop, guardians can be devastating. 1 squad fo guardians and star cannon can devastate a marine squad.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ditto salamander ***** are u talking about iyaden :hmm: . Id rather have a squad of 15 guardians with a starcannon and a warlock with conceal. But then again i am ulthwe....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alrighty, i just recently started iyanden so i will toss in my 2 copper peices worth, i would say to get at least 15 wraithguard, so you can have 2 squads in wave serpents aand one on fott, i woud say buy and/or convert 2 wave serpents. get a total of 3 wraithlors, and finally just a few aspect warriors, i would sugest reapers and banshees. and finally iyanden have trouble with horde armies, so i would pick up some support weapons, shadow weavers and d cannons are nice due to the templates
    Quote of the week: &quot;dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother plays Tau, so I was thinking. How about some swooping hawks and warp spiders? Also, can I paint them brown and blue? :blink:

This better?

Farseer (2 warlocks with him)
    5 Warpspiders (With exarch)
    5 Wraithguard (1 warlock)
    5 Wraithguard (1 warlock
    5 Swooping hawks (With exarch)
    5 Dark reapers (with exarch)

Sound good?

Also? Should I get wraithlord for this army? And should I get Wave serpents?

Thanks. I&#39;ll post an army list in the army list section soon.
    Battle record.
    W/D/L
    O &amp; G: 5/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you kidding me?&#33;?&#33; no wraithlords :blink:
    take 3 man . Also the warp spiders are a good idea although maybe you&#39;d be better with reapers. As with warpspiders you run the risk of getting them into the enemy before the rest of your heavy hitters (wraithguard and wraithlord) which could be a problem as your oppenent might gang up on them. I dont know tho as i play ulthwe but i definately wudnt take those hawks instead maybe take some banshees? or striking scorpians in a serpent.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well for that list he can only ahve 2. but yea. are you kidding me ?&#33;&#33;? lol. Wraithlords as troop choices, what more could u ask for and u still dont take advantage of it&#33; lol. but yes i think u got it. the warlock in the serpent give him enhance and the warlock with the squad on foot give him conceal.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

duder, drow the hawks, get as many wraithlors as you can take points wias as long as they hav the support from wraithguard
    Quote of the week: &quot;dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farseer (2 warlocks with him)
    5 Wraithguard (1 warlock)
    5 Wraithguard (1 warlock
    2 Wraithlord

That way, I can start. See hoq they play and stuff.

Sound good?

Thanks
    Battle record.
    W/D/L
    O &amp; G: 5/0/1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast