New to 40k, advice on a 1st Tyranid army appreciated - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Portsmouth, England
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

33 (x1)

New to 40k, advice on a 1st Tyranid army appreciated

Hi all,
    I'm a regular Fantasy player and finally decided to give in and get myself a 40k army.
    After watching several battles and having a good look at the models, i've decided to go with Tyranids (have no idea of their strength on the tabletop but love the models).
    I've decided to approach this army in a completely different way than I have built my fantasy armies.
    I want to decide on a low'ish' points army list (around 1000 points). Once I've decided on the list I'll obtain the models a box at a time, paint the box then get the next box. This way I won't end up with half painted armies staring at me and demanding attention!
    I'm not overly concerned with tabletop strength as long as the army is fun to play with. I don't mind if the list isn't going to kill all comers, but, on the other hand I don't want to get my arse kicked by everyone that throws some models on the table!
    As my last 2 armies have been O+G and Lizardmen and both had a very high model count, I would really like an army with quite a low model count, so I don't have to spend an age unpacking and packing models before and after battles.
    So, any advice you can give to help me get started would be great.
    as a recap
    Tyranid 1000 point army
    Fun to play, but not a walkover
    low model count if possible

many thanks in advance

Last edited by ashen1973; March 17th, 2011 at 17:35. Reason: accidental posted before finished

2. Remove Advertisements

7 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

You want the very handy tyranid army builder. Link here ----->
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

+ Reply to Thread