Tyranids defence vs AP1/2 weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranids defence vs AP1/2 weapons?

Though I am a new pleyer, I have been destroying most of my friends in skirmishes and tourneys, which makes me very happy with the Tyranids as my 1st army of choice.

However, I've been having trouble with a certain army my friend is using, the Sisters of Battle. Since there has been no recent codex updates for the Sisters, my friend still uses the 3rd Edition codex, which has this insane rule of being able to recruit from other armies of the Imperium (which is fine with me, I've defeated IG a couple of times).

My problem though is that my friend usually fields 2 Exorcist tanks and has Blessed (something, I forgot), that makes it ignore cover saves, and also fields 2 Vindicator Gunships. Now I REALLY feel strongly that these are overpowered units, the Exorcist tank only costing 165 points for the ability of shooting 1d6 missles of s10 ap1 per round, and the Vindicator Gunships shooting with 3 TL Lascannons and Heavy Bolters, the Lascannons having s10(?) ap2 attack.

I realized that this was a big problem for me because I keep on losing against his army, and one time in a game, during the 1ST TURN, my Fyrant that cost 250 points was killed by a meager 165 point tank, and since it's an ap1 weapon, I couldn't even make armor saves.

This has really frustrated me and disheartened me to play against his army, and has stopped pestering him for a rematch just for me to lose for the nth time. Now I want to ask my Tyranid brothers in this forum if they could have any tips for me. I would really appreciate it. Just ONE victory against those blasted Sisters will make me a VERY happy man.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Own it with a tyrannofex from range. Or tie it up with sheer numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your friend needs to read his codex again. The exorcist tank shoots 1d6 s8 ap1 shots (pg 36). He can't take Vendetta gunships (the one with 3 TL Lascannons (s9 ap2) and 2 heavy bolters). The list of units he can take from other armies is on page 26 of his codex.

Also, the exorcist doesn't ignore cover. The blessed ammo wargear you can buy only allows storm bolters and heavy bolters to ignore cover saves. (pg 23 of the WH codex).

If something seems horribly wrong when you're playing someone, ask to see it in their codex.
    Last edited by Mulletdude; March 23rd, 2011 at 08:59. Reason: Spelling

+ Reply to Thread