Fluff unit ideas? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff unit ideas?

Of all the missing characters mentioned in the codex and canon, which character/unit would you most like to see, and how would you imagine it represented? Stats and appearance? What about the Guardians of the Black Library? Maybe some type of rare wraith-construct? Or the Harlequins' Solitaire? Ninja-style, poisoned weapons? Bonesinger? Provides an extra wound or invul to wraith-constructs within a certain range? Characters are fair play too - I recall some mention of an outcast, ranger character? In the codex's description for Iyanden they quote a Bonesinger character - modified farseer/warlock with a wraith-bodyguard? What would you like to see? And try to keep it as fluffy as possible please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

I'd like to see a Bonesinger. While he won't be impressive statwise (If he is it would be a bonus) probably the same stat line as a Warlock or Farseer, his ability to to manipulate wraithbone means he would act like a tech marine when it comes to our tanks and possibly granting Wraithlords and wraithguard special abilities when in a certain range. Wraithguard, while part of the unit he grants them feel no pain perhaps? Wraithlords possibly the same or perhaps allowing wraithlords to regain a wound each turn the Bonesinger is within 3" of him. That would be pretty neat.
    I wouldn't know what to class him as though, I don't think he'd be an HQ, but I'd hate him to take up an Elite or heavy support slot...maybe an upgradeable character?

I'd also love to see a warp spider and a shining spear phoenix lord. Don't know if their mentioned in any fluff I know of but they have to exist somewhere! They are basically the first Exarch of their aspect right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a jetbike special character.... I don't understand why we don't have one anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the Phoenix Lords are all the first of their Aspect, so a Shining Spear and Warp Spider Phoenix Lord must exist in the 40K universe, as who else would have trained their aspects? I like the idea of the bonesinger as a techmarine-esque unit, definitely an upgrade character. I think given our superior technology and how well we're known for our jetbikes, GW should definitely give us a jetbike character. A saim-hann autarch? I would like to see special characters from the other craftworlds as well. By the way, has anyone noticed that the only listed craftworld that has no mention in the codex is Kaelor?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

It's gotta be the solitaire for me.....how they could re-do the harelquins and leave the solitaire out is beyond me. An Iconic "character".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Seeing as Wraith units are my favotite from Eldar, I would love to see a bonesinger with actual rules. There was a promo model released awhile ago in the UK that was a bone singer http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle...BoneSinger.jpg But there aren't any rules for them. I'm still looking for one to use as a far seer.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitaire. God i miss my Solitaire. Especially if they were to give it a shiney new model.

I'd also like to see the special characters from the 3ed Craftworld Eldar book get brought back with some models released for them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just recently got into 40K, and while I am vaguely familiar with the rules from previous editions, I don't know what they had for rules for the solitaire, and what they had for craftworld rules and characters. Can anyone enlighten me?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd like to see guardians of the black library, as harlequins guard the library, you could have some sort of souped up harlequins with maybe a harlequin wraithlord...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by longdanzi100 View Post
    i'd like to see guardians of the black library, as harlequins guard the library, you could have some sort of souped up harlequins with maybe a harlequin wraithlord...
    Harlequins serve as the liasons for others to get to the library, but I kinda felt like the fluff was indicating that the actual guardians might be something else.

I was going to say that it seems a bit much to have them in a battle. But with the characters we already have in most games, I guess bring it on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast