Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've just been proxying these with my ravagers in friendly games. I want closer looking models. I'm working on a conversion at the moment but I was wondering if anyone has done this already and what you've used. I am trying to avoid forgeworld models.
Ok so this is what I'm doing. I started with a ravager and assembled the the very bottom of the hull and all the engines. Next I used sails from two ravager kits and trimmed them to make the wings and foreword stabilizer( I think raider sails would work too.)
Next I put the flooring down to cover the sail bits that don't quite fit together.
I used an eldar vyper jetbike to make a cockpit and floors the viper wings upside-down for a tail.
I'm going to use some putty to fill in a few gaps.
Then I'll magnetize the eldar lances from the jetbikes, the DE lances, and the dissies. The eldar lances are bigger so I'll use them as void lances if I want to play this as a voidraven.
I'll also try to make a nose assembly that I can magnetize to make the cupola described in the bomber fluff. I can remove this and replace it with a magnetized splinter cannon for fighter missions. Now to figure out how to make missiles.
Thank you. The beauty of it is that even though it requires 2 ravager kits to make, it only uses the optional parts of one so with 2 ravager and 1 vyper kits I can make a ravager and razorwing/voidraven. And it only took about 45 minutes to figure it out which means 20 minutes or so to assemble the next one.
Great conversion! I went a much simpler route and used falcons for my razorwing and voidraven. The brightlances made great voidlances, I just whittled them down to mount underneath. The razorwing has the darklances from an old vect kit mounted under the wings. On the nose gin I left off the shurikens and mounted an old plastic splinter cannon. The pilots were replaced with DE wyches. They work fine as is.
If I like the new kits when they come out, I can always turn them back to falcons/wave serpents. If not I may do a little more detail work on them.
I like those pics. The imagination of you conversion pros is something I really envy.
If you want to convert them, I haven't got anything for you. If you're willing to wait though, the rumours I've heard has it that the official models will be released by the end of june. It's a rumour though so might not be true. Fingers crossed though...
Oooooh I really dig that.
I'd love to see some painted pics when you're done.
Yep, I'm stealing this idea, will make a good project for the weekend. I will of course be adding a few of my own modifications but the way the hull and sails fit together makes a perfect fighter silhouette.
One quick question though. The sails have a bit of a bend to them, did you do anything to make them match or do you find that it's not that noticeable on the final model? Was thinking of maybe heating them up with a hairdryer a bit then bending them to match or something.
Once again, awesome idea.
The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed
I did notice the bend. It really isn't that noticeable in the final model.
I thought about making the sails actually look like sails. It made sense that aethersails could support a lightweight fightercraft.
Also, coming soon, painted pics.