Duke of Asteri Reach, Avele Swifteye and his corsairs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duke of Asteri Reach, Avele Swifteye and his corsairs

For a long time I've been thinking about expanding my Biel-tan Eldar army with a corsair contingent. In the fifth edition rulebook, there's an inset in the Prince Yriel section that talks about corsairs. It says that the so-called Duke of Asteri Reach, Avele Swifteye, commands a Corsair fleet out of Biel-tan craftworld.

Does anyone know where I can read more about this group of corsairs? What color scheme should I paint them in?

On a separate but related note, I am really excited about the new Eldar Forgeworld models. It looks like their upcoming book will have a ton of Eldar stuff in it - including corsairs. Should I wait for this book to come? I've never bought one of these Imperial Armor books before but I hear they have color schemes etcetera in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

In Battlefleet Gothic the Corsairs are their whole own list with some fluff here and there. Actually I think they even predate the dark eldar and craftworld eldar lists. So that might be a source to check out, at least you can read about the ship Yriel rides around in, I think a lot of those books are actually freely availible pdfs in some dark corner of GWs web site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    In Battlefleet Gothic the Corsairs are their whole own list with some fluff here and there. Actually I think they even predate the dark eldar and craftworld eldar lists. So that might be a source to check out, at least you can read about the ship Yriel rides around in, I think a lot of those books are actually freely availible pdfs in some dark corner of GWs web site.
    That's a good suggestion. I think this is what you're talking about: Battlefleet Gothic Resources | Games Workshop

+ Reply to Thread