Adepticon Gladiator Results - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Adepticon Gladiator Results

My list:
    Farseer w/Doom and RoWard

7 Banshees w/exarch, executioner, and acrobatic
    -wave serpent w/ TL Shuriken Can and spirit stones
    6 Fire Dragons w/exarch and crack shot
    -wave serpent w/ TL shuriken cannons, shuriken cannon, and spirit stones

10 DA w/exarch, dual cata, and blade storm
    -wave serpent w/ TL BL and ss
    10 DA w/exarch, dual cata, and blade storm
    -wave serpent w/ TL EML and ss
    11 Storm Guardians w/warlock, 2x flamers, and destructor
    -wave serpent w/ TL EML and ss

Fire Prism w/ holo fields and ss
    night spinner w/holo fields and ss
    Scorpion super heavy tank

Round 1 vs Dark Eldar
    Rough List:
    Archon with shadow fields, ghost plate, and that weapon that gives him 2 bonus attacks but if he rolls doubles he hurts himself

haemoloculi

incubi w/ raider

3xwarrior squads w/ splinter cannons and blasters
    2x wych squads with nets and blasters
    6x raiders (some had distinigraters)
    1x warrior squad that had like 20-25 dudes w/2 lances

12 bikes in 2 squads

3x ravagers

mission had night fight from turns 2-4, 2 objectives, diagnol board setup with 18x18 "no mans land" diagnolly across board. 1 free vortex grenade per army, same rules as APOC, except its only where the template ends up hurts things, not what it crosses over while scattering. again..doubles on scatter roll remove the vortex.

The mission started up with me getting initiative stolen. Turn 1 fire dragons and storm guardians immobilized and 1 dire avenger serpent explodes, losing 4.

I proceded to kill nothing but bikes and few raiders. Turns 2-4 I failed night fight spotting distance every turn with the scorpion tank. The 5th turn his pulsar was shaken and then the game ended. I did end up losing both the prism and night spinner some how on turn 5 ..even with holofields. danky eh? I also lost my home objective when a the last DA serpent sitting on it, exploded, killing 3, then failing a pinning check. Then promptly assaulted by 1 archon and 1 incubi. The incubi were blade storms and tri-flamed and producing like 19 wounds from DA and like 12 from flamers. He loses 1 incubi and archon takes 1 wound while using his ghost plate save. The game ended with me earning 3 points for my lowest point unit living (farseer) and him earning like 60 sum points from whooping that _ S S. ( i get my revenge..kinda )

2nd round vs blood angels.

Mephiston
    3x furioso dreadnaughts
    25x death company with 3 power fists
    5x death company dreadnaughts
    3x regular dreadnaughts

no riflemen dreads, strange. mission is modified kill points, and 1 unit can outflank , choose where it enters, but is worth 3 more KPs then usual. HQ-3 KP, elites/fast/heavy-2 KP, troops 1 kp, flyers 2kp, super heavys/gargantuian 4kp.

As you may have guessed, i sat in a corner while he advanced. sending wave and wave of fire into him. he made the mistake of popping smoke on 1, and then putt 2 behind him for cover. Incoming D weapon. crushing 3 in 1 turn with just the scorpion. I did get some lucky rolls for missiles and lances too. mephiston also took a pulsar to the face, sending him into oblivion. He held his DC in reserve and didnt make it until turn 5. He also immbolised 2 of his own dreadnaughts from night spinner webs. game ended on turn 5, he had his DC left, 1 furioso that was immobilised with 1 arm, and 1 DC dread that was immobilised as well. On turn 6 i started moving and shooting at his DC, which promptly were doomed, took 5 meltas, pulsars, prism, night spinner, and 1 missile. leaving i think like 8ish? I had then 7 banshees standing next to them..ready to assault. Then he reminded me that we forgot to roll for turn 5 end, so i did. and game end. i would have needed turn 6 to earn a wipeout victory which is worth all 70 points possible. I earned i believe 38 points this round.

Game 3 vs blood angels
    recclusiarch w/ jump
    3x sang priests w/2 jump
    furioso librarian dread
    2 assault with rhinos
    2 assault with jump
    war hound with vulcan mega bolter and plasma blast gun.

This guy grouped his stuff together in a castle. Which promptly took D weapon shots, turn 1 he list 8 assault marines, 1 rhino, and 1 furioso dread from the pulsar. Then he lost another rhino to a missile, and 2 void shields from the rest of the army.

he didnt kill anything in his turn but did shake some things and blew off a gun of a wave serpent. turn 2 he took a blade storm, tri flame, and 6 melta shots to a 10 assault+recclusiarch+priest. The after math left the chaplain, priest, powerfist sergeant. Lucky him. pulsar took down another squad of foot assault marines(the ones whose rhino i blew up) he recoved both void shields. he killed the fire dragon squad.

next turn the foot forces mounted back up. 1 missile to the squad=power fist dread, 1 bright lance to the squad=recculisiarch instant death, 1 prism blast to the squad=1 sang priest dead. that squads gone. At this point he has 1 rhino left, 1 10 man assault squad and a untouched warhound. the 10 man assault squad gets out and heads to his own objective. the rhino then rams my serpent. I end up not dodging, and penetrating it and wrecking it !!!

He shoots his warhound like every turn for some ineffective shooting. now targeting the scorpion, as he should have been the entire game.

Next turn, all guns on the warhound. every shoots except the scorpion and only manage to take down 1 shield. 1st pulsar shot hits, 2nd void gone. Then next,..is seriously how it really went i kid you not.

2nd pulsar shot hit. 6 on damage table, roll again..6,...roll again 6..warhound dead....catastrophic damage table..5. blast hits that fleeing squad, wounding 7 and killing 4.

This point he concedes. I get all 70 points. Putting my grand total at 112.

Top xenos player had 138 points.
    Top imperial 165
    Top heretical 185
    2nd place 190ish
    1st place 203...out of 210!!!

lastly, my revenge on the 1st game..he played the guy who got first. whose stompa ...that gun that shoots like forever..killed like 4 raiders and almost all his jetbikes on turn 1, causing multiple unsaved wounds on raider cargo as welll....

his 2nd game was right next to my 2nd game.

So there you have it, i personally feel like this tournament isn't really a test of anyones real skill or tactics. It is strictly down to whose D weapons get to shoot the most. Next year, i probably wont do gladiator (because of what i just said..and its on sunday now....about 6ish hours from my house)

If they post like overall results or what-not, i will let you guys know.

thanks for reading!

Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Wow...sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats on your pummeling of the 2 Blood Angel players. I believe the top 3 players were from BoLS with 1 or 2 of them having Reaver Battle Titans. Ah, nothing like 8 Strength D pie plates a turn!

Not to be outdone, but if I had went, I would've brought my Tyranids with Hierophant Bio-titan:

Tyranid Prime - Adrenal Glands, Bone Sword + Lashwhips
    2x Hive Guards
    2x Hive Guards
    Tervigon - Catalyst, Toxin Sacs
    10x Termagants
    Tervigon - Catalyst, Toxin Sacs
    10x Termagants
    3x Biovores
    2x Biovores
    Hierophant Bio-titan
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

well no reavers were aloud because they had structure point limits. but the top guy was orks with a stompa, then idk what the 2nd place guy had. the top heretical guy had a warhound and a bomber, the top xenos was again an ork with stompa, and top imperial was i have no idea. there was a guy witha heirophant it didnt do so well because the faq used at adepticon says that guy doesnt have a 3++, something about warp shield being exclusive to zoanthropes now or something.....dumb i know.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Here are the results.

I got 25/95. Although my strength of schedule is low tehehe.

AdeptiCon 2011 :: April 1st-3rd, 2011
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top Eldar player, grats!

Any thoughts on how you could have improved your list or tactics?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

#1) install head lights on my tanks (read mission 1)
    #2) take a cobra instead of a scorpion
    #3) drop banshee squad for more fire dragons
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

+ Reply to Thread