Mawloc Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mawloc Questions

Hey guys,

I'm sure there have been questions on this before, but my comp is slow and wanted some quick answers, or as quick as you could give them.

Question: If a mawloc lands a spot on hit to a vehicle, does it use the monstrous 2d6?

Question: If a mawloc lands a spot on hit to a building and fails to wreck/destroy it, is it still destroyed because the building is immoble and can't be moved out of the way?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

No, that only applies in assault.

Jurys out on the second. In theory the building should be destroyed. HOWEVER if it doesnt specifically say in the rules that buildings cannot be moved, then you would (weirdly) have to move the building. If it does say they can be moved, its gone. No matter how little sense that makes.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Building section of the little book that I have it says:

"Buildings of all types use aspects of the transport vehicle rules. The main difference between them and actual vehicles is that they can't move, ..."

So then with the Terror from the Deep rule..."Models that can't be moved out of the way are destroyed," we can technically destroy a building regardless of penetration as long as we hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post
    Last edited by Pulse Shield; April 5th, 2011 at 01:17.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Looks that way then. Hitting a building will destroy it. Have fun in planetstrike games!!!

Although I must admit, this does seem a bit cheesy and somewhat broken. After all its not gonna be much fun when your mawloc comes in and somehow manages to open its massive slimey gob wide enough to eat an entire fortress of redemption...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    Although I must admit, this does seem a bit cheesy and somewhat broken. After all its not gonna be much fun when your mawloc comes in and somehow manages to open its massive slimey gob wide enough to eat an entire fortress of redemption...
    You say "cheesy", I say, AWESOME!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

Haha dont get me wrong, it would be hilarous to watch (and please, if anyone does it, take a photo of your opponents delighted face and post it here) but its gonna shorten the games a fair bit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

might as well be OP in city fights, b/c it's not worth those points for a large S6 ap2 large blast that scatters the full amount only every other turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use lictors and deathleapers to guide it.
    it can be the difference between victory and defeat in an objective game.
    when placing objectives its very common for them to be placed in or near area terrain.
    put your lictors near the objectives and just use them to drop the mawloc on the objectives whenever he comes in.
    even if you dont kill the whole unit thats camping it youll at least displace them and hopefully push them off it.
    and since your lictors are just chilling there then they are free to shoot and then assaut them in that assault phase and probably finish them off.

especially when people skimp on troops or just have one troop sit back in their deployment to camp their objective then this can screw their whole plan and win you the game.

i think for pure disruption factor the mawloc + lictors combo is priceless.
    its a huge distraction and disrupts the opponents lines. if nothing else it allows the rest of your army to cross the board as they deal with the stuff that just appeared in the deployment zone.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

The Mawloc is very good, one of the best units we've got. I've found that it lasts very well because it spends half the game underground. Often monstrous creatures spend half their time being shot up instead and a Mawloc often avoids this. This creates a constant problem for anyone you play against. The Mawloc also has the option of not burrowing at the start of your turn if something nearby looks like it needs to be assaulted.

The random nature of it's burrowing isn't really a huge problem when you consider the random nature of the Tervigon's spawning. People will live with the Tervigon running out of eggs but the Mawloc can always burrow. Also on rare occasions vehicles and models with invunerable saves can't be moved out of the way of the Mawloc, this results in them dying with no save of any sort. To my knowledge only a vortex grenade can do that sort of thing so a Mawloc is very good at times.

The Mawloc can also be aimed at units in assault (the rulebook says what to do if it comes up into an assault) when it comes up because it's special attack is neither shooting or assault. It is about the only thing that can do this on purpose. This can destroy many enemies in an assault you're about to lose or kill of loads of models bunched up like an Ork mob. This can vastly change the course of a game because an assault your opponent expected to win may be lost due to extra models the Mawloc eats or an enemies sucessful assault may become a disater if many of their units are killed. Also as micah said Lictor in the assault can also guide it in to just the right place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast