Tomb Stalker - How do I use it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

Tomb Stalker - How do I use it?

A friend of mine has been dropping hints that he'll be getting me a Tomb Stalker soon, and it looks awesome and I love the rules, but try as I might, I just can't seem to find a good place for it in my army. My 2000 point list is a fairly standard build:

Lord w/orb
    8 Immortals
    30 warriors
    10 destroyers
    3 wraiths
    2 monoliths

And I'm not sure if dropping a monolith for the stalker is worth it, and I certainly can't afford to cut into my PO limit any further. Honestly, as cool as it looks, I'm really unclear what place it has in a Necron list to begin with. Can somebody who knows things, maybe who's used one before, give me a bit of a rundown on how they work and how to use them?

House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a tomb spider that can fight, middle ground of the c'tan and spider. It will laugh at poison and chew through marines like butter. 5 wounds poison, AND the like only wound on 6's, s6 and t7, fleet and hit and run. It moves quicker than the c'tan, but no invunerable and marine can wound it. So basically throw it at marines and watch them die. It gets +2 attacks for charging so 6 on the charge. It should never go near power weapon units as it will die. It also can't be wound by s3.

I use it as a tag team with the Deciever to make sure nothing gets near my lines.

In your list it probably would have to swap the immortals or a monolith for it and work it as a support to the wraiths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also it should always hit and run in the enemy assault phase to get the most out of it.
    Last edited by Grimreapor; April 17th, 2011 at 15:44.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

It'll get shot up bad too with all the melta and S8+ weaponry out there! I was pretty sad it didn't have ANY invul save...
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

+ Reply to Thread