The FAQ update and its effect on the multitracker - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FAQ update and its effect on the multitracker

can we now take a twin linked weapon system, another weapon and a HW multi and fire them all??

I've seen Riki mention in the army list thread that these new rules allow an XVA to now fire a twin linked weapon without a multitracker.....haven't we always been able to do that?

help!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, we have been able to. The codex states that they count as a single weapon. In fact, I used them a while ago before deciding that they were too expensive, and could not take a Targetting array so were stuck at BS4 for an 'el or BS5 for an 'o. I didn't even realise rikki had posted something about it, or that a rule changed it.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Aun'Vre View Post
    Indeed, we have been able to. The codex states that they count as a single weapon. In fact, I used them a while ago before deciding that they were too expensive, and could not take a Targetting array so were stuck at BS4 for an 'el or BS5 for an 'o. I didn't even realise rikki had posted something about it, or that a rule changed it.
    Sorry but you are wrong, we could not take a twin linked weapon and another single weapon and fire them because the multi tracker entry stated you could fire two weapons SYSTEMS and a twin linked weapon counted as two weapons systems.

The problem we had is the rules for twin linked weapons in the codex never stated explicitly that a Tau twin linked weapon FIRED as a single weapon, it states is that a twin linked weapon counts as a single weapon of that type and counts as two weapons systems and importantly the multi rules states that the bearer can fire two battlesuit weapon SYSTEMS.

Thanks to a simple change to the wording of the multi rule to state you can fire two weapons (not weapon systems) it eliminates the confusing "systems" wording on the multi codex entry.

So simply put the wording for twin linked weapons states that a twin linked weapon counts as a SINGLE WEAPON of that type and the multi rule states you can fire two weapons (note not "weapon systems"). So now we can take a twin linked weapon (even though it is classed as two weapons systems the multi rule does not refer to the two systems wording) and a single weapon and fire all three.

I never took a TL weapon and a single in my lists because while it was quite obvious the intent was TL weapons fired as one weapon the rules as written forbade it and I don't take stuff that offers an advantage because of dubious rules interpretation, I would rather wait for the FAQ and know I am sing something legitimately.

Unfortunately we still cannot take three weapons and a TA because each weapon takes up a hard point and each suit only has three; however I personally consider a BS3 twin linked missile pod and a Plasma is worth taking over a BS4 MP and Plasma because BS3 twin linked is more accurate than a single BS4 weapon and the MP is the more important weapon and a 9% increase on in hit rate over a BS4 single weapon is most welcome. Others will disagree and prefer the BS4 Plasma and that is fine, like I said it comes down to personal preference and neither is wrong.

A bodyguard XV8 with TL MP, Plasma, HW multi costs 78pts compared to 82pts for a straight fireknife config with targeting array and personally I would prefer the superior hit rate of the MP because when I play I find the Plasma is used a lot less than the MP so I can live with BS3 Plasma (I have two BS3 and a BS5 in both my HQ units and that should be enough).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'll be darned, so it does! My friends and I have played like that since I started warhammer. Oh well. Anything else interesting about the update? I can't look it up myself at the moment, I am doing this from my phone which doesn't like the GW site for some reason.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

+ Reply to Thread